pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I will probably get blasted for this, but here goes: I like the new Blur on my Bionic! It seems to do most things well, and I like the widgets. I was running GO Launcher EX before trying Blur, and my question is does anyone know which one has less battery drain?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I will probably get blasted for this, but here goes: I like the new Blur on my Bionic! It seems to do most things well, and I like the widgets. I was running GO Launcher EX before trying Blur, and my question is does anyone know which one has less battery drain?

AFAIK... Using any type of launcher will increase the battery / CPU usage because you will still have all of the Blur aspects running in the background. It might not be a huge increase, but will be some. The only way to stop the Blur/stock launcher from running would be to root and freeze aspects of it, but that could be more than you're willing to do. FWIW, before I rooted my phone I switched between Launcher Pro and Go Launcher and personally didn't find that either did any really noticeable drain to my battery while running, YMMV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro