1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Texts not going through?

3 bars of LTE and keep getting messages that the message didn't go through. Using stock messaging app, any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Android Rules

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Happy

Default Re: Texts not going through?

Is it just texts? Are you losing all data services during that time? Is the up and down arrows on the 4G stuck on or not moving/highlighting at all?

The current build (886) of the bionic has a radio drop/lock issue. When it happens again. Go to settings and put the phone in airplane mode, then in about 60 secs, take it out of that mode and see if the texts can be sent. Just an idea though, not sure if it's related.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I literary typed that post as it was telling me message not sent. I browsed around a little, data was going through. The message never sent, i deleted it and reset the phone so it would quit notifying me....
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

That's what you have to do.
    Otherwise it's stuck in sms pergatory.
    Delete the messages, reboot and it should always fix the issue.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts

I had that problem once and discovered the recipient wasn't subscribed to text messaging. The texts died on my phone - never sent. Got same message as you. Seems odd these days to find people who DON'T have texting capabilities, but therre are probably more than we know. Just sayin'...
    Always learning ...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No, these were to other Droids and to iPhone users. I know they all have texting, I was texting them fine last week before I switched to this phone. I have been having problems damn near anytime I try to send one.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts

I don't know if this will help because it seems there are some tech issues at work. However, it might be worth a try...

Download SMS Popup from market. I've used this on the Droid X And now the Bionic. Not a fancy app, but very customizable. Main purpose to put incoming text message over lock screen in popup box where you can reply, ignore or delete right there. Can individualize notifications, too, and LED colors. This app might take over your SMS and it might be better ... Or not. But maybe worth a try..
    Last edited by Arelunde; 10-28-2011 at 11:19 PM.