Turn to phone calls only?

bsketlady

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi all -- what a great forum!! So helpful...glad I found it!

Question -- how do i turn my phone at night when i charge it to ONLY phone calls...i don't want to hear notifications for anything else, but i do want my phone calls to come through...search and searched and wasn't able to get an answer...any ideas??

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
There's an app called "Bedside" that works very well... it turns off all notifications but also lets you set up a whitelist of contacts that you may want to receive notifications from incase of an emergency. Its also a night/alarm clock.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You want to turn off data sync at night. You can do it from Settings -> Battery and Data settings. Look through there you should be able to figure out how to turn syncing off at night.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Why are all these people recommending apps to do things that can be taken care of easily in the settings?

A)Only one person suggested an app, so learn to read maybe?
2)If it can be done easily in settings, maybe you should say how. The OP is asking for help so how about being helpful instead of condescending.
D)Sometimes it can be quicker to do things from an app then to go into settings to do it. That's why they have apps for things that can be done in settings. I suppose next you'll be asking what's the point of widgets.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off data sync from the phones settings. I recommended an app because it will automatically launch when plugged into the charger. May save you the headache of having to switch back and forth in the settings every night and morning. You can also set up a white list as I mentioned which comes in handy if you have certain contacts like family that you do not want to block at night... In case of an emergency.
Otherwise... Pull down the notification bar... Quick settings... And disable the mobile network.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You want to turn off data sync at night. You can do it from Settings -> Battery and Data settings. Look through there you should be able to figure out how to turn syncing off at night.

To elaborate on this post, its under setting-battery and data manager. Then go to data delivery and uncheck "data enabled". That will disconnect your phone from the mobile data network, turning it into just a phone. Also it will help lower your data consumption.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bsketlady

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone...VERY helpful and humorous (I got the joke!!)...I will go for the bedside app, seems to be the easiest most simple way to go! :)

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Tasker also works great for this. I setup a night profile that sets the notification volume to zero betwern the hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am

mdmesser001

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Texts will still come in and make sounds, right? I've ordered some Tectiles and might use one for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Texts will still come in and make sounds, right? I've ordered some Tectiles and might use one for this.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually think smart actions would work really well too. There is a sleep recommendation already.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2