Calendars, A Bug or Stupid Design Change?

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't edit birthdays of my contacts on my Bionic. Also, if I edit the birthday at contacts.google.com it doesn't apply it to contacts on my phone. Other changes it will and birthdays that were in when I initially setup my phone got pulled in. I could swear I could do this on my Milestone X. Why can't we edit more contact info on the Bionic?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry, this is definitely a feature I miss - where you had a birthday in your contacts and bb would automatically create a reminder in your calendar. I don't think this feature exists on Android. It's almost like the birthday portion of the contact is an afterthought - though I was pretty sure if I update a birthday on google contacts, it updates on my phone. Will have to verify.

I've downloaded an app called EboBirthday that supposedly works for this purpose, but haven't tried it out yet.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The birthday finally did sync up for me. I don't believe it is an android issue. I have heard the sense ui elwill even display a caller's birthday if its that day when they're calling.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a bug where syncing the FB Calendar causes birthdays to show up like ten times on a given day (as 10 seperate calendar events) or is that just an HTC bug? I ask because I plan to change teams and join Team Moto soon and want to know if I am going to be disappointed with this bug...

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I miss from my BB is Contacts, Calendar and Email. It really sucjs on Android. I am so displeased, I am considering the very expensive app that allows me to Synch my Outlook 2010 with my phone. You would think someone would have figured this out by now!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
So if you sync your facebook calendar to the phone, do birthdays show up on the calendar once or 5 to 10 times as separate events? Thank you in advance to anyone who can say yes or no...

o2l8

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I miss from my BB is Contacts, Calendar and Email. It really sucjs on Android. I am so displeased, I am considering the very expensive app that allows me to Synch my Outlook 2010 with my phone. You would think someone would have figured this out by now!