Unlocking Verizon Bionic

kelso41129

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Verizon Bionic for my daughter. Right now she just wanted an ipod and my friends going through a nasty divirce his wife shut the phone off and has a pattern lock on the phone also. I tried to see if she would give me the gmail to unlock it bugt no luck. I tried The flashboot back to factory and the lock is still on there. anyone have a clue how to remove the pattern lock or go back to factory without it. I dont care if the phone is not any good to use as a phone. She just wants to use the wi-fi to get droid appa and put music on it. Thanks

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe so. She has to unlock it and if the account is in arrears Verizon will control that phone. There has to be a data plan connected to the phone anyways. I know you feel bad for your friend but you can't do anything with this phone. It will only be a good paperweight.

And the Thunder rolls!

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
With that factory wipe, it should've brought you to the activation screen. And even without data or voice plan you can use that as an ipod touch-esque. Device.

Thats what my friend did with my DROID x when I sold it to him. I did a factory wipe on the phone, when he was presented with the activation screen he brought it to a vzw store and they we're able to bypass that. So now the phone is a smart-ipod. Lol.

Im sure it'll work the same for the bionic.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If he can't get the activation screen he is basically screwed. Like I said if money is owed Verizon on that phone there is NOTHING he can do. Not a clean ESN and he bought an expensive paperweight. I would never buy a phone from anyone in a divorce be it friend or stranger. She locked the phone. He should try to get his money back and give his friend back the phone.
He can get an iPod on eBay and have no issues

And the Thunder rolls!

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want to absolutely, unquestionably wipe a phone so that no lock will appear on it anymore, your best bet is to use RSD Lite and flash in the full FXZ file so that there's no trace of any customizations left on it anymore.

kelso41129

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all. No its not stolen I was just trying to save some money since I have been laid off. I think the accounts in bad standing cause he said she just had them turned off and said screw the fees for not meeting the 2 year term. I used the RSD and flashed with the file that was leaked out by Verizon unless theres a different file I need.

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all. No its not stolen I was just trying to save some money since I have been laid off. I think the accounts in bad standing cause he said she just had them turned off and said screw the fees for not meeting the 2 year term. I used the RSD and flashed with the file that was leaked out by Verizon unless theres a different file I need.

The way you know if you chose the right FXZ file that will wipe every part of the phone to factory is a 700MB file.

Reactions: kelso41129

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm