Force Close message keeps popping up...

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Last night while I was making my normal Sunday night drive from AL to GA my Bionic started giving me a message "The process com.motorola.process.system has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then I have to hit Force close to make it go away. But every few seconds it pops up again. I have powered the phone off, pulled the battery but it is still doing it. Any ideas.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
been experiencing this issue since I got the phone (have a thread here on it) and never git a solution. Just tried this, Ill post up in a couple days to let you know if it worked, thanks!

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Try these steps here:

Go to settings, date & time.
Switch "Automatic" off.
Set timezone to some INCORRECT timezone ( say Greenland )
Switch "Automatic" on.

Thanks Dude...seems to have fixed my issue for now. How did you figure that out if i may ask.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Try these steps here:

Switch "Automatic" off.
Switch "Automatic" on.

This also fixed the same issue on my Atrix running 2.3.4.

Thanks!

BBBay

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Try these steps here:

Switch "Automatic" off.
Switch "Automatic" on.

Am I missing a final step here? Shouldn't I go back and fix the time zone after? I just chose one with the same hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing a final step here? Shouldn't I go back and fix the time zone after? I just chose one with the same hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Once the automatic update is checked the zone gets reset by the carrier.

bighaubs

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...just saw this thread. Could this be why my alarm clock app keeps crashing every morning?

Has this fixed your alarm clock crashing? I just went through these steps this morning. My phone would reboot every time I took it out of the dock for the past week. I hope this "fixes" my issue.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Has this fixed your alarm clock crashing? I just went through these steps this morning. My phone would reboot every time I took it out of the dock for the past week. I hope this "fixes" my issue.

This, in particular, did not fix my alarm clock issue. However, I recently went to Verizon with regards issues with my phone in general. I had a new SIM card installed and the tech told me that having "Next word prediction" selected in keyboard settings causes problems. She didn't elaborate.

Since then, my alarm clock has been working without a problem. Whether any or both of those solutions actually fixed the problem, I cannot tell.