Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Double the 4G!

I'm sure everyone has seen this: http://www.androidcentral.com/better...te-promo-plans
    So to my understanding, existing customers with 4G LTE devices (much like me and my Bionic, and I'm sure several of you who will read this) can opt to take the promotional 4GB a month for $30? It isn't just people buying new phones after tomorrow?
    For those of you who already have Unlimited Data, good for you. For those of us who waited for this phone and didn't already have a smartphone with unlimited data, this might be a really good thing. Maybe now I'll start using my data more than WiFi, I know I've been getting to a maximum of 1.2GB per month because I'm often on WiFi.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Double the 4G!

I love their stat "95% of customers on 3G and 4G use less than 2 GB per month".

That's kind of like saying "95% of the people (kids and teachers) in a preschool classroom will only need a half a PB&J sandwich and a juice box for lunch...."

I will definitely be taking advantage of this tomorrow to go from 2GB to 4GB
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Does this apply to 4G tablets?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Does this apply to 4G tablets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie15 View Post
    I will definitely be taking advantage of this tomorrow to go from 2GB to 4GB
    Quote Originally Posted by prizeferret View Post
    I love their stat "95% of customers on 3G and 4G use less than 2 GB per month".

That's kind of like saying "95% of the people (kids and teachers) in a preschool classroom will only need a half a PB&J sandwich and a juice box for lunch...."
    That's a good question to ask! I'm not sure, but you can call customer service and they'll probably tell you.
    I took advantage of this today, I now have a data cap of 4GB!
    And yes, I have scaled back my data usage quite a lot because of the cap. But now 4GB is perfect, I'll probably never hit that cap. I got up to 1.2GB last month.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Verizon said i couldnt upgrade to 4gb unless i open a new line ...wtf?
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,022 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Latinimagexx View Post
    Verizon said i couldnt upgrade to 4gb unless i open a new line ...wtf?
    Just go on-line and select the new 4GB plan. From reading some of the articles out, that is all you have to do. The customer service rep should have been able to do it for you. They must not have been informed.

You do have a 4G phone, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Just go on-line and select the new 4GB plan. From reading some of the articles out, that is all you have to do. The customer service rep should have been able to do it for you. They must not have been informed.

You do have a 4G phone, correct?
    Thx

Nice!! I just upgraded mine to 4GB. Anybody know how long this will last?

So this will work for Bionic owners? I was reading some articles and they said it was only for new and existing customers who have bough a 4G phone in the last 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
    So this will work for Bionic owners? I was reading some articles and they said it was only for new and existing customers who have bough a 4G phone in the last 14 days.
    Worked for me and I got the Bionic on launch day. Did it online also.

Awesome deal, gone from 7Gb to 12Gb!

Quote Originally Posted by mjwalsh View Post
    Worked for me and I got the Bionic on launch day. Did it online also.

Awesome deal, gone from 7Gb to 12Gb!
    Ok, great.

I currently have 2GB of data and I surely won't mind having 4GB.

Quote Originally Posted by pchrist11 View Post
    That's what I want to know. From the articles that I've read, it says that when the promotion ends, it you're signed up for it, you'll be "grandfathered" into the deal, meaning if you changed over to the 4G from 2G, you'll continue to receive 4G for $30. On the Verizon site, though, it makes it sound like this is a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by indiane View Post
    That's what I want to know. From the articles that I've read, it says that when the promotion ends, it you're signed up for it, you'll be "grandfathered" into the deal, meaning if you changed over to the 4G from 2G, you'll continue to receive 4G for $30. On the Verizon site, though, it makes it sound like this is a temporary thing.
    I read somewhere that it will last as long as you have a 4G phone or something.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by pchrist11 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by indiane View Post
    I couldn't do mine online (or I would have, would've taken less time) for some strange reason, so I just called into tech support and a guy did it for me. As long as I have a 4G phone, I will have 4GB of data each month. If you switch to a 3G at any point, you lose it. So just keep your Bionic on the line until you upgrade and upgrade to another 4G device at that time (and well after owning one, why would you ever want to go back to a 3G device?). Seriously, a lot of people who tell me "no one needs 20mbps download speeds" are fools. I NEED 20MBPS. lol. It's almost always iPhone users that say that anyways, and then they claim that "when the iPhone gets 4G it will be better. I don't know how but it will. And it'll be the thinnest device. They'll take what they learned from one year of your Bionic, and the Thunderbolt, etc and make it better." That's a bold statement lol.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
    It should still work. I just upgraded. Its weid bcuz not all of the verizon staff know the special

The special is on the Verizon homepage. JUMP ON IT.

I just changed my plan online! This is great.

This is super bad @$$!! I bought the bionic on launch day and I upgraded to 4gb online. It does allow you to be grandfathered in which is nice. 2gb was NOT enough!

I hadn't heard about this! Thanks for the heads up!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by KWP1911 View Post
    I hadn't heard about this! Thanks for the heads up!
    Yeah, this is a great deal, especially for me. Now I don't ever have to worry that I'm going to go over on my data plan. Although, I hadn't gone over 2GB but that had somewhat to do with that being my data cap lol. And I can tether without worrying