1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default individual contact notifications and ringtones?

Coming from a BBS2 I liked being able to set separate ringtones for different people, and different notifications for text messages vs emails. Been playing around and searching and I can't seem to figure this out? I'm currently running Zedge, but that doesn't seem to support this either.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Yes you can do both. Pull up a contact, then hit menu and options and add custom ringtone. For the email and text tones, do those in the individual apps settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

Default Re: individual contact notifications and ringtones?

LDubs above is correct. Where I used Zedge is in assigning a silent ringtone to a contact. The Bionic does not have that feature. I use Silent_7. It is much closer to silent than the others I located.

Zedge does allow you to install new ringtones or new contact ringtones. They are two different things. You only need to install a ringtone once. After that, it is accessible from the android menu.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

perfect! Thanks for the help! Out pf curiosity what is a silent ringtone?

Quote Originally Posted by akorcovelos View Post
    perfect! Thanks for the help! Out pf curiosity what is a silent ringtone?
    Yeah isn't that kinda like an oxymoron...how can a ringtone be silent and if it's silent then is it really a ringtone...sorry just couldn't resist.
    But I am curious as well.

Is there any way to assign a specific notification noise to a specific contact? I get how to do the ringtone, but I want to change the noise it makes when certain people txt me.

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by aero21 View Post
    Is there any way to assign a specific notification noise to a specific contact? I get how to do the ringtone, but I want to change the noise it makes when certain people txt me.
    I can't remember if you can do it in the stock text messaging app, but I use GoSMSPro, and it allows me to set individual notification tones and icons for contact. If you decide to use that, go to the settings and under the "advanced" tab, you'll find the "Individual Settings" Very handy.
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.