1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

HI Folks,

I am not rooted, but did upgrade to the 5.7.893 upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

In the forums I see threads on XT875.

Now I notice my System version from settings is as stated in the title of this thread.

Am I confused, or did something get pushed by Verizon?

Thanks, and sorry if I missed something.

Thomed

Default Re: 5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

XT875 is the model # of the phone. Motorola calls the phone internally the Motorola XT875. Verizon branded it the Droid Bionic.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    XT875 is the model # of the phone. Motorola calls the phone internally the Motorola XT875. Verizon branded it the Droid Bionic.
    He's asking about the system version. Stock before the update (or in your case, a leaked maintenance update) is 5.6.886 if I remember correctly. 5.7.893 added some of the other updates we've seen, which include the new kernel and radio files. So you may see that your phone will have better/worse connectivity than before (in my case I noticed better connectivity) and little things here and there. Nothing really was added quite yet.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

ROM
    Stock .905

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Stock before the update (or in your case, a leaked maintenance update) is 5.6.886 if I remember correctly. 5.7.893 added some of the other updates we've seen, which include the new kernel and radio files. So you may see that your phone will have better/worse connectivity than before (in my case I noticed better connectivity) and little things here and there. Nothing really was added quite yet.
    So my boinic is about a month old and I'm running 5.5.893 on the Th3ory ROM. I have never had the earpiece loop feedback problem that some have had and connectivity could be better but I'm also in a 3 story building all day. So, should I concern myself to install the leaked 5.7.893? When it stops being leaked and officially releases will my phone automatically update itself (even being ROMmed)? Given my issues (or lack thereof) should I just wait for the offical ICS update release by VZW (I know, this could be June 2012)?

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Your phone won't automatically update when the official OTA pushes out, now that you're ROM'd. You have to be fully stock and VZbloated, or the OTA won't install.

I just went back and flashed the leak version, just because I wanted the latest and the greatest kernel and radio, but I wouldn't say it's mandatory...

The ROM developers should get whatever is in the official release, and they should release an update to whatever ROM you're on to add anything new. Could be that you already have all of it since the ROM is based on the leaked version (minus radio and kernel)...
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

Mine is running 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US. Is this an old System Version?
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Not old per se, that's the stock version. If you want to update kernel/radio and/or ROM, you'll get a newer version.

Im still running the 5.5.886 version and when I check for updates, it says I'm up to date? What's up with that?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jax_droid View Post
    Im still running the 5.5.886 version and when I check for updates, it says I'm up to date? What's up with that?
    That's the stock version. Anything else is a leaked update. When the offical OTA update is done and ready to be released publicly, your phone will let you know.

Where do you get the leaked updates?

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Quote Originally Posted by DroidnewVZ View Post
    Where do you get the leaked updates?
    Follow the instructions in here: