Moving Pictures to laptop/pc

stangger

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have wasted an hour and a half and made myself feel stupid(er).
Please rescue me oh wealth of knowledge for all things android.

I have several pictures and videos on my device (taken with the device) I want to transfer to my work laptop. Email is not really an option due to number and size...cant install zumo cast on work laptop...why can I not just plug a damn usb cable in and scroll to the photos...
:mad:

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your usb mode is set as mount as storage. Then you'll see 2 drives come up on your computer and you can browse to the photos.

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
LDubs is right. Check the folders until you find one that might be named DCIM or media that would be your photos and videos taken with the DB. Once you open this file on your pc, change the "view" pull-down menu to large or extra large icons and you can browse, delete or drag/drop any of the files into a file on your desktop. Very simple. :D

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Photobooth I think let's you do that. Or just use Dropbox.

I usually like to keep a backup on Dropbox lol. I just go into DCIM using a file explorer, and then mine (ES File Explorer) let's me connect to my laptop wirelessly through the wifi and drop it onto my computer over the WLAN. Not particularly the best for 1080p video, but it actually works quite well. But yeah, a USB cord would work too, just make sure you're checking the DCIM folder (there's usually two, one that's on the internal and one on the external). Make sure you're saving in the one you want to move it from.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I usually like to keep a backup on Dropbox lol. I just go into DCIM using a file explorer, and then mine (ES File Explorer) let's me connect to my laptop wirelessly through the wifi and drop it onto my computer over the WLAN. Not particularly the best for 1080p video, but it actually works quite well. But yeah, a USB cord would work too, just make sure you're checking the DCIM folder (there's usually two, one that's on the internal and one on the external). Make sure you're saving in the one you want to move it from.

Ooh I need this. Been looking for a way to transfer files wirelessly.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ooh I need this. Been looking for a way to transfer files wirelessly.

It's super easy. In ES File Explorer, you go into the LAN tab (while being connected to the same wifi network) and use the settings key and hit new>server (or you could scan for it). Then enter your computer's IP address, and your username and password for it. Then you can connect wirelessly to your computer, but you may have to set up folders for sharing on the computer for it to work. It also lets you set up FTP and Internet drop points as well (I have my dropbox account set up in the "Net" tab as well)

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It's super easy. In ES File Explorer, you go into the LAN tab (while being connected to the same wifi network) and use the settings key and hit new>server (or you could scan for it). Then enter your computer's IP address, and your username and password for it. Then you can connect wirelessly to your computer, but you may have to set up folders for sharing on the computer for it to work. It also lets you set up FTP and Internet drop points as well (I have my dropbox account set up in the "Net" tab as well)

Will this work to connect to a Mac? I scanned but didn't see my Mac...

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Will this work to connect to a Mac? I scanned but didn't see my Mac...

If you can't find it through scanning, try just entering in the IP Address manually, it's easy to find on a Mac, under the Network settings. On a PC you can just open up the command prompt and use "ipconfig." I've used it with both Macs and PCs, so I know this method should work either way

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Got it. Googles showed me I needed a slash after the IP address.