Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By p08757
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Default New market not pushing updates regularly?

Is it just me, or does the new market not push updates regularly? I'm used to the market notifying me that new updates are available for download - and yes, I do have that option checked in the settings - but seems I have to go look for them instead of them coming at me automatically. on top of that, when I go to "My Apps", it doesn't find all the available updates - e.g. there's an update available for Go Launcher EX, and I had to manually search for GLEX in the main screen, and click "update" instead of the update appearing in the available updates screen under "My Apps".

Very annoying and I feel like I might miss a critical update somewhere along the line...

Anyone else having this issue? Workaround?
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Default Re: New market not pushing updates regularly?

I must be getting your update notifications, because every other day I get a notification, but when I get to the market none of my applications need updating.
    BasPilot likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    I must be getting your update notifications, because every other day I get a notification, but when I get to the market none of my applications need updating.
    lol

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I'm still getting them... Think you might just be overthinking it a bit. I religiously check for updates cuz I'm a nerd like that, sometimes I see there's an update and it won't even give me the option to download it... just gotta wait an hour or something and it will be available. Until you see it forcing you to wait some ridiculous amount of time I wouldn't stress it homie, its probably nothing. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Agreed, but that doesn't really explain why an update for Go Launcher EX didn't show up under available updates when I went into "My Apps" - had to search market for GLEX and then it showed an update available....

Besides, gotta nitpick about something, right?

I have had that issue since the last update on my Xoom and Bionic. When I would go in after noticing I hadn't been prompted for a few days I would find several updates with no notification. My Xoom actually popped up last night with an update notification. Just checked Market now on my Bionic and sure enough an update was waiting. I do have the setting turned on, so I hope they fix the notifications for this and their G+ app.

ROM
    Stock

Found this surfing..
    settings.applications. manage applications. All
    Go down to market, select it and clear cache then force stop.
    Then go up to google services framework, select it then force stop and clear data (in that order)
    Then reboot your phone. And then go to the market and look at "my apps"
    This fix wont stick for me but it will allow me to go into my downloads and see my apps and see what need updated. YMMV
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Well that hosed up my market nicely. Couldn't get it to load, kept getting server error. Finally downloaded the apk and reinstalled. But now it only has 6 apps installed under my apps, instead of the 50+ apps I have on my phone. Hopefully that will change as the framework rebuilds.

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic

ROM
    Stock

Sorry, I had nothing and it worked for me. No hard feelings I hope..
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Nah, no worries. Not sure if I fixed the update issue but I restored market and Google framework from tibu, rebooted and at least now it shows all my installed apps under My Apps.

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

I'll add a +1 to this issue. Hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it, but you are right - no notifications about updates any more. Just checked and there were 3 waiting. Odd.
    Always learning ...

Indeed this is true. I just checked my apps for updates on the market and had four updates available...strange. however I'm updating as i type. Thanks for the heads up.