Will video focusing issue be fixed in the update?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I love being able to shoot video in 1080p, but really dislike the focus issue where the focus seems to continually go in and out even with a stationary subject. It is more than annoying, it is impossible to watch particularly output through HDMI onto a large HDTV.

Does anyone know if this will be addressed in the update? (and while I am asking, does anyone know when the update will be released?)

Thanks.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope that's one of the fixes, as video is (IMO) totally useless as it stands now, due to the focus "breathing".

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, camera issues in general are getting attention and hopefully will be resolved - or at least improved - in the update.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the .893 leak and while the camera has improved; the video isn't quite there. I took some videos today inside a bright room and they are kind of blurry still. The camera doesn't take near as long to focus anymore which is a major plus. I took this earlier today

http://videobam.com/Vbtig

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the .893 leak and while the camera has improved; the video isn't quite there. I took some videos today inside a bright room and they are kind of blurry still. The camera doesn't take near as long to focus anymore which is a major plus. I took this earlier today

Fast, Free Video Hosting & Video Sharing - VideoBam

that video is HORRIBLE! :) I hope it's horrible only because you forgot to clean the lens??

DJAlmix

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
that video is HORRIBLE! :) I hope it's horrible only because you forgot to clean the lens??

Probably because he uploaded it to "VideoBam"....? I've never heard of that site, but anyways. The new video app no longer focuses in and out constantly, now you can manually focus it, in the leaked update it stays focused until you press the screen to focus on a new object, it's MUCH, MUCH better.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Probably because he uploaded it to "VideoBam"....? I've never heard of that site, but anyways. The new video app no longer focuses in and out constantly, now you can manually focus it, in the leaked update it stays focused until you press the screen to focus on a new object, it's MUCH, MUCH better.

Lol it did go down a bit in quality on that site. I never heard of it either, I just wanted to upload a video w/o making an account somewhere.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

lol, I couldnt get past the horrible ad placement all over that lame site to even see the video.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

What "new video app" are you referring to? Mine still focuses in and out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci