Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 2defmouze
  • 1 Post By John Hosken
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SPAM in notification bar

Recently I have been getting spam in the notification bar of my Bionic, has anyone else seen this before? It usually looks like a plus sign or a star or something. It is for a free ipad or some other garbage and when I click on it I am directed to some website where they want my information. Anyone know how to get rid of this stuff or how to opt out? I am getting them daily and it is pretty annoying. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    1,946 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse ROM/Liberty ROM

Default Re: SPAM in notification bar

Some apps do this instead of showing ads in the app. I read that Photo Safari does this. I dont know what other apps do but it is probably an app you downloaded recently.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Search the market for Airpush Detector, will fix it.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry and kcrandall758 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Search the market for Airpush Detector, will fix it.
    +1 for this!! It will find the culprit for you.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Airpush detector is great, thanks y'all. It was the MySettings app that was doing it, btw.
    Thanked by:
    liljew 

Thanks for the ID of the offending app.

Kids TV
    Easy Music Downloader
    Mp3 Music download

Those are the 3 I caught with AirPush Detector... The music apps are the only 2 that really even work well, so I guess I'll deal with those, but I uninstalled Kids TV- my kids will have to make due without!
    Thanked by:
    liljew 

Can't remember exact site name, but i think it was xapush.com. If you go to the site you can enter your phone's meid to stop receiving the push notifications. Seems to have worked for me.

I had to uninstall "Cat Sounds" by Kumar Mettu due to all the spam it loaded.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Thanks for the app referral. It found to programs that were spam producers.

I downloaded Airpush Detector and it doesn't find anything Even though one of the notifications is sitting in my bar. Any other solutions. I've gone through and tried to rid myself of any questionable apps and all the newer apps. This just started recently happening to me too.

Edit: I tried AddOn Detector too, it rung up with nothing other than Bloat Freezer Free.. say it ain't so Any other free options for bloat freezing? I paid for the full version of Bloat Freezer before it disappeared from the market and hate that I had to use this one to refreeze after the last big Bionic update.

Edit Again: LOL.. So it was Bloat Freezer I am disappoint. Using App Quarantine now, it isn't as in depth, but much smoother and faster. Not to mention prettier and 100% free, with no BS ads. Love good devs!
    Last edited by incrediblecub; 01-18-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II

It is Bloat Freezer. It was doing the same thing to me. I got an app to show me what apps were doing it and it showed up. I deleted it and it hasn't come back since. I use Titanium Backup, but there are free ones that actually work and don't do that stupid SPAM.

-c4
    Thanked by:
    liljew 

I was getting spam every few minutes. I used "Airpush Finder" app from Google Play to determine which app was causing the problem. It was "Amortization Calculator 1.2" which I foolishly allowed a bunch of accesses it couldn't possibly need for its stated purpose. Force stopping it and uninstalling it fixed the problem.
    Thanked by:
    liljew 
    liljew likes this.

AIRPUSH didn't find anything for me either. didn't have the problem till i loaded the latest rom with root. same apps.

it basically started right from the get go with the fresh rom load.

Quote Originally Posted by sta18ff View Post
    Can't remember exact site name, but i think it was xapush.com. If you go to the site you can enter your phone's meid to stop receiving the push notifications. Seems to have worked for me.

xapush.com is actually airpush.com