$15 Credit for data issues

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
FYI

I called verizon support today and they said the release date for the patch that fixes the data issues had been pushed back and did not know of a new release date. I requested a credit and received one for half the cost of my data package ($15).

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they plan on giving you one every month until the patch is released! Lol.. maybe we should all go ask for it..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon rep said i would have to call back next billing period. The call only took about 15 minutes so I feel its worth it.

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they plan on giving you one every month until the patch is released! Lol.. maybe we should all go ask for it..

this should be the case with all other people suffering from the same issue, 1st the sell you on a 4g phone with crazy speeds for using the web, then your stuck on a 3g signal!

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I called last night as of course I have no data signal and maybe 1x would pop up once in a while. Also had problems where I would hit the power button to wake it up and nothing till I pull the battery. The tech had me do a total reset because I already had the sim card replaced and it did nothing. When the phone finally rebooted he told me to enter my google acound and login, told him thats all well and good if I had data right now but since I still have no signal now what. I asked about a refund for data that I pay for and do not receive and he kinda laughed it off. He then said he could send me a certified preown but it will probably be the same. I told him we can do that if he wants and I can just keep sending them back till I get one that works since you will be eating the shipping.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
this should be the case with all other people suffering from the same issue, 1st the sell you on a 4g phone with crazy speeds for using the web, then your stuck on a 3g signal!

To me the data issue seems to be when I'm in a weak 4g area ... whenever it switches between 3g to 4g or visa versa it takes forever! This is actually when sometimes it wont successfully switch and just stays stuck... toggling air plane mode usually resets it... I've had a few times when I needed to reboot to get data back..

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I called last night as of course I have no data signal and maybe 1x would pop up once in a while. Also had problems where I would hit the power button to wake it up and nothing till I pull the battery. The tech had me do a total reset because I already had the sim card replaced and it did nothing. When the phone finally rebooted he told me to enter my google acound and login, told him thats all well and good if I had data right now but since I still have no signal now what. I asked about a refund for data that I pay for and do not receive and he kinda laughed it off. He then said he could send me a certified preown but it will probably be the same. I told him we can do that if he wants and I can just keep sending them back till I get one that works since you will be eating the shipping.

I love my bionic I have no data issues

I haven't had issues either. So you either live in a terrible area or your phone is a lemon lol. And good job telling that rep what for lol, they're just eating the shipping and all the work to get you one until they actually give you a good one. That's why they should just give you a new one after like maybe the third one, at that point there's obviously a major issue lol.

red3213

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I called on Tuesday and talked to a Tech that was a Bionic owner too. She was very sympathetic as she is having the same issue with her phone.

Without me having to ask, she said she will credit me for this months Data plan. She also told me that I should continue to call every couple weeks, if the update is not pushed out soon.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its also not just bionic its all 4g phones that suffer.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I called on Tuesday and talked to a Tech that was a Bionic owner too. She was very sympathetic as she is having the same issue with her phone.

Without me having to ask, she said she will credit me for this months Data plan. She also told me that I should continue to call every couple weeks, if the update is not pushed out soon.

Man, all they tell me is to restore factory settings or suggest opening a new line for a new phone where they can transfer my info then cancel the new line before the trial expires.

If we only get the service we pay for some of the time then we should only have to pay our bills sometimes... imagine it. Sorry VZW, I tried to pay electronically but I must not have had data! Or, sometimes my pen temporarily runs out of ink, it should be back up soon though as Bic is working on an update.

I have called at least twice a day for the last two weeks. I am at my wits end!

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I keep my phone in 3g mode as I found with 4g enabled my battery does not last a full day.

The data issue i'm referring to is that my 3g icon will disappear and I will lose all data service until I reboot the phone or toggle airplane mode. This is a know issue with the bionic. A patch is in the works but the release target date has already been missed once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech