Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    sbudaj's Avatar

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

    Default Lapdock

    Anyone see the article on Android Police that the lapdock 100 is being sold by AT&T for $50?

    Says it is for the Atrix, but isn't this the same one for the Bionic?
  2. #2  
    leo5111's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth

    Default Re: Lapdock

    cant do it
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Lapdock

    It can be used with the Bionic after some minor modifications that I read about in another forum. I'll see if I can find the link when I get home.
  4. #4  

    Default

    The docks are slightly different. The USB and HDMI connectors are rotated 180 degrees. When the Atrix came out it was rumored that the docks used magnets to let the phone know the difference between dock types. That is not true, the circuit in the dock does. I was able to modify my Atrix car dock to work with my bionic, it took the drimil to make it happen, and the plugs had to be rotated. The distance from the bottom of the phone to the 2 ports is the same, but the Bionic is taller. Also the space between the USB and HDMI is the same. Hope that info helps.

    Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    wseyller's Avatar

    Posts
    273 Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite OG

    Default Re: Lapdock

    I just ordered one. I figured $50 is worth it to take a shot at this. I am an engineer and have lots of resources available to me. If I find a practical method of modification I will post back with my findings. I am sure now that a possible $50 option is available to us bionic users many others will try this as well.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    sbudaj's Avatar

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lapdock

    Why isn't the Bionic lapdock also $50?
  7. #7  
    fatpomp's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    ROM
    [K]IN3TX/MIUI

    Default Re: Lapdock

    I ordered one too. Here is a link that shows you how you can modify the the dock. I know the link says Photon but its the same setup as the Bionic.

  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatpomp View Post
    I ordered one too. Here is a link that shows you how you can modify the the dock. I know the link says Photon but its the same setup as the Bionic.

    That was about as clear as mud? So how do you actually make it work?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    fatpomp's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    ROM
    [K]IN3TX/MIUI

    Default Re: Lapdock

    Quote Originally Posted by LaLongueCarabine View Post
    That was about as clear as mud? So how do you actually make it work?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    What don't you understand? The guy gives you details on what he did in every one of his posts and then shows you pictures. Seems pretty clear to me!
  10. #10  
    wseyller's Avatar

    Posts
    273 Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite OG

    Default

    There are a few ways cosmetically to make it work. The connectors are backwards it seems so you have to take it apart so you can get the connectors able to plug in to the bionic. getting it to look pretty is just a plus. There are some limitations to what can be done depending on what resources you have available.

    Basically it works once you can get the USB and hdmi connectors into your phone.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: Lapdock

    Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    There are a few ways cosmetically to make it work. The connectors are backwards it seems so you have to take it apart so you can get the connectors able to plug in to the bionic. getting it to look pretty is just a plus. There are some limitations to what can be done depending on what resources you have available.

    Basically it works once you can get the USB and hdmi connectors into your phone.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Yeah this actually doesn't sound that hard, it all works through magnets and mainly plugging in the holes on the phone to the correct ports on the lapdock. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to just take it apart and spin the dock, and hook up all the wires to the correct places :P
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Lapdock

    This isn't the Lapdock 100.. it's the original lapdock that was made for the Atrix & Bionic.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbudaj View Post
    Anyone see the article on Android Police that the lapdock 100 is being sold by AT&T for $50?

    Says it is for the Atrix, but isn't this the same one for the Bionic?
  13. #13  
    Stelv's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lapdock

    Yes the Lapdock 100 works with my Bionic and my Girls Razr. It cost me $200 at Verizon. That Atrix one only works with Atrix, although I did see a modified one on ebay.

Posting Permissions

B