How's the update?

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I heard that Moto deployed to the initial test group. Can anyone comment on how the update is working for them? Hoping for good news!

Deathpunch24

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure it's been deployed to the soak testers yet. I signed up for the test program and I filled out the survey, but I haven't received the email yet that it's coming. Also this site and other Android blogs usually have a post about it being deployed to soak testers and I haven't seen that happen yet.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I signed up to be a tester as well and haven't heard anything. Maybe we didn't get picked. Whatever the case, WE NEED THAT UPDATE ASAP!!

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry folks, I thought I had read somewhere that the update was pushed! Guess we're still in a holding pattern.

No just the leaked 5.7.893... there also is a 5.8.894 but people are having issues flashing to it from 5.7.893. I would just wait or flash 5.7.893.

Give it a week or so after the "official" release and the dev's will have the nut cracked in a flash able .zip

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No just the leaked 5.7.893... there also is a 5.8.894 but people are having issues flashing to it from 5.7.893. I would just wait or flash 5.7.893.

Give it a week or so after the "official" release and the dev's will have the nut cracked in a flash able .zip

do any of those leaks fix the data problem?

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
fix it entirely no, every phone may experience some but it has been much better. going on a week without a dataloss requiring a reboot or plane mode cycle. it I do have a data loss its usually after the phone just came out of idle for a period of time. I have 5.7.893 and am happy I did the jump.

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
fix it entirely no, every phone may experience some but it has been much better. going on a week without a dataloss requiring a reboot or plane mode cycle. it I do have a data loss its usually after the phone just came out of idle for a period of time. I have 5.7.893 and am happy I did the jump.

when i get data loss i battery pull and most of the time it doesnt fix the problem. hmmmm.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Data loss is much improved. Its highly unlikely everyone is going to be singing about unicorns and puppy's though... ain't perfect :)

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
WOW! Cool - Just sitting at my desk and I see my phone in it's dock suddenly hit me with the "would you like to download and install this update?" screen.

As I sit here it's downloading.

So I would say it's being distributed right now.. either that or I was one of the lucky ones.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between the leaked 5.7.893 and the official 5.5.893? Or is this just a typo?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/droid_bionic.pdf

No, it's not a typo, just a a more leaked version of what's being released. A few updates to kernal and radio as far as I understand.

mail.jpg

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
so is this update earlier software than the 5.7.893? or is it more polished? the numbering system doesnt make sense.

because the official release says it solves the dissaperaing app problem, but on .7.893 it still exists

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just another FYI for some peeps:

I see some random folk are reporting claiming that the official OTA is updating them to 5.8.894, the MOST recent of the leaked systems. I still have yet to see anyone confirm it, and post their kernal and baseband numbers.

Regardless, 5.8.894 doesn't change the kernal or radios from 5.7.893 (I've had droidth3ory confirm this). So if someone is like me and updated to the full 5.7.893 already, then we can simply flash DT's new ROM, KIN3TX, which is built off the 5.8.894 system, since we do NOT have to worry about any radio or kernal changes. And believe me, his ROM is going to run a lot smoother and better than the stock 5.8.894 system anyway.

Anyway this is all speculation, because until I see otherwise I'm still going under the assumption that the OTA is giving people 5.5.893. Not trying to be a downer or burst anyone's bubble.. I want EVERYONE to have the latest and greatest system, lol!! I'm just stating a couple facts and educated guesses..

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Runs great. Camera is fast as possible and I immediately get a 3G or 4G connections as soon as I turn on the wi-fi... this is when I mostly experienced no network connection.

I decided to try it because the network connection was more of an issue that losing root... which I did lose.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Runs great. Camera is fast as possible and I immediately get a 3G or 4G connections as soon as I turn on the wi-fi... this is when I mostly experienced no network connection.

I decided to try it because the network connection was more of an issue that losing root... which I did lose.

Scratch that... i still lose my data connection. WTF

pengler

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got the new update, I am not part of the soak test, phone just asked me if I wanted to install the update. Version 5.05.893.xt875.Verizon.en.US, Kernal 2.6.35.7-g68606e6, build 5.5.1_84_dbn-62.
Seems to work great, camera is faster then before and have not lost data yet, was getting really bad at that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000