Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Will it have the updated kernal and radio? This is older then my current leak

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they are allowing leaked versions the ability to install this ota. Any hopefully our current rooting tools still work.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I said in the other thread.. If you're already on a leaked update you can almost definitely ignore this OTA. Most of us leakers are further along than 5.5.893. If you want to be sure, wait til someone here is is still on stock applies the ota then compare your kernal and baseband numbers.. I'm pretty sure those of us on 5.6.893 or later already will be ahead.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I said in the other thread.. If you're already on a leaked update you can almost definitely ignore this OTA. Most of us leakers are further along than 5.5.893. If you want to be sure, wait til someone here is is still on stock applies the ota then compare your kernal and baseband numbers.. I'm pretty sure those of us on 5.6.893 or later already will be ahead.

Are you just assuming because of the version numbers or do you have factual information of this. Making assumptions is a bad habit. Did the leaked 5.5.893 include a much improved camera fix like the vzw press release suggest will be part of the ota. I guess time will tell if your assumptions prove correct. Also if we are farther ahead with 5.7.893 or even the later leaked updates why Wouldn't moto release them as an ota. A plausible reason is that what we have is not better or farther along that the upcoming ota.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you just assuming because of the version numbers or do you have factual information of this. Making assumptions is a bad habit. Did the leaked 5.5.893 include a much improved camera fix like the vzw press release suggest will be part of the ota. I guess time will tell if your assumptions prove correct. Also if we are farther ahead with 5.7.893 or even the later leaked updates why Wouldn't moto release them as an ota. A plausible reason is that what we have is not better or farther along that the upcoming ota.

In my opinion the camera lag wasn't VASTLY improved, but it was a bit, although I'm not a great person to ask because I rarely use my phone to take pics and honestly thought the lag was never that bad, just my opinion.

The later releases wouldn't be out yet because VZW requires a ton of testing before they will approve them. Moto themselves might not even be satisfied that the testing is complete of them yet. From that perspective, it makes perfect sense to me to think that 5.5.893 has been out and about for about 2 months, so Moto spent a month testing, VZ spent a month testing, and now its been approved for release to the public. Those of us on a later system are ahead of that curve and the ones we've been using are still a ways from public release. 5.5.893 was the most significant of all the leaks anyway, it included new system, kernal, and radio files. 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 were mostly just radio tweaks and some minor system tweaks, so that would explain the lack of urgency in getting those to release-ready status.

And yes I am spitballing and guessing a little, but its informed guessing. As I suggested earlier, when someone who is on stock system applies the OTA, if they would be so kind as to go into About Phone and let us compare their baseband and kernal file numbers to someone who updated earlier, I think that would be a fine way to judge. Although I'm going to reiterate, I'm fairly positive they will wind up with the same 5.5.893 that was leaked around 2 months ago and many of us have been using (and already upgraded past).

I'm no authority. I just try to contribute and post information I know and am making some reasonable assumptions.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
the 5.7.893 does also include a 5.7.893 system, not just radio and kernel. I get exactly what you are saying and you are likely correct. Im wondering if the full leaked 5.5.893 update is exactly the same in every way as the 5.5.893 ota. yes it would be crazy for moto to reuse version numbers which is why I do lean towards your prediction. I just can assume it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am all stock, so i am excited for an update.

I read this article too. Not much info, but some.

Massive DROID BIONIC update on the way | Ubergizmo

Fwiw, they mention in that article that the update is 54.5 MB in size... I just checked the file from the 2 month old leaks, and yes, its exactly the same size ;)

EDIT: The 5.5.893 leak, of course I was referring to. I have the 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 files separate, and yes they are different sizes (much smaller actually, as like I said they were much more minor updates)

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Question: does the leaked update of 5.5.893 allow 8 devices vs 5 for the mobile hotspot. If the leaked update does not allow 8 then that would raise a red flag that they are not identical. I would not know myself. Anyone know the answer.

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Question: does the leaked update of 5.5.893 allow 8 devices vs 5 for the mobile hotspot. If the leaked update does not allow 8 then that would raise a red flag that they are not identical. I would not know myself. Anyone know the answer.

Yes it does. Check Droid life for all the list of fixes. Its a long list.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Blur_Version.5.5.886-5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_________ This is 54.5 MB.
Same size as upcoming update, but this is 5.7.893.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Blur_Version.5.5.886-5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_________ This is 54.5 MB.
Same size as upcoming update, but this is 5.7.893.

That's true pappy. That file though was an edited one devs made so that early updaters could get themselves to 5.7.893 by reverting to stock then flashing, so they'd keep webtop and the like.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I am tired of being lied to by verizon and motorola who both deny there are problems. I called both yesterday and they said phone is working as intended and they have no reports of headphone whine or data outages. I love Roms and flashing as much as the next guy but, its come to a point where I just want the phone to be reliable.
I need to be able to access online info for work all the time and always dropping data has forced me to use my technicians iPhone :'(

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
" I called both yesterday and they said phone is working as intended and they have no reports of headphone whine or data outages."
Why would they tell you this yesterday, when an update is being released to fix the problems? I'm calling BS.