Incoming update shortly

sedouglas

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If there was no problem they wouldn't have credited me $80 to buy a flip phone to use until the update came out. I never got around to doing that though. I just kept the credit.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I did too weird as I never got an e-mail that I was part of the soak test. Will give my thoughts here shortly once I get some time to use it.

gmilliken

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
well i never had the headphone whine, but ill check whatever else anyone wants to hear about, just let me know

also i never got the email about being in the test group either

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update notification. To anyone wanting the update, I'd try a reboot. That seemed to activate the update on both of the Bionics in our household.

It's downloading now, but it is sloooooow.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife is looking for the update as we speak but can't get data working for some reason. vzw why you so so cruel? :(

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else who got the update here part of the Moto Group? Just weird as droid-life earlier was reporting people were getting e-mails with their updates curious more then anything.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
When I had OG Droid, whenever there was an OTA update and anybody got it, they were able to post it and other people could download it themselves. Why is this not the case this time?

petabyte

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the update three times on my stock Bionic and it has downloaded each time within 5mins on 4g. However, it fails every time it tries to install. It'll go through the whole process, reboot and a message will pop up saying it "The update has failed".

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The update worked fine for me. The download took over 30 minutes via WiFi, but it was successful the first time.

New version is 5.5.893.XT875.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Got the update today while at work streaming music. It took a long while and I was ready to head home but didn't want to interrupt the download process, so had to stay and wait (was short on battery life and had it plugged into my computer). Ticked me off though that it didn't first ASK me if I wanted to start the download, it just did it on its own. Update went smooth, 5.5.893 en. Too soon to tell about any changes.