1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default black screen lock out

I have same problem. Phone works great, but for an unknown reason will go black and i have to pull battery to restore.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Default Re: black screen lock out

i have had that issue in the past few days. didn't do it before the update.? ?

I had the same problem once recently. Had to pull battery also. The phone is great other than a few bugs so no regrets here.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Under what circumstances does it do this? Like... when you connect to BT... go to a certain app... try to narrow it down.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Happened 3 days in a row for me.

ROM
    Stock

I also have had this problem, but I have also had my phone reboot for no reason and just reboot.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

first time it happened i opened my checkbook and it froze. i was in the car so i set it down till i got home. picked it up and black screen. pushed power button held it down held it down longer nothing. pulled battery turned on no issues till the next day. was using Web browser on this site. closed it. sent a couple texts no issues. put phone down picked up short time later black screen.

I still get the BSOD even after the .893 update. I was hoping Motorola and Verizona would push the .901 update and it would take care of it. I can set my phone down and let the screen go dark and then try it later and the phone doesn't come back. I have to do a battery pull.

I have been getting the black screen more frequently now, which has been occurring over the last several weeks. Is there any solution to the issue yet.