1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Default Adobe Reader with Bionic

I had Adobe Reader installed on my Thunderbolt and everything was fine. I switched to a Bionic and it installed fine. When I open Adobe Reader it says there were no recent opened files (obviously since I just installed) but it does not give me any method to navigate to any place where my PDF files are. There is a home button but that does not help. If I use a file manager to geta PDF to open and I tell the Bionic to use Adobe Reader it opens fine.

How do I get Adobe Reader to navigate to the file area so I can choose the PDF I want?

Default Re: Adobe Reader with Bionic

dunno. My Bionic puts files that I download, into the document folder for adobe reader without me having to do anything special.

the folder is the "download" folder, on the internal card. Adobe reads that folder...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Thanks, that really pretty poor design to allow only opening files in 1 specific folder. I can't remember seeing another app that does not allow navigating to another folder.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    6.7.246 / stock

Download ES File Explorer, allows you to open docs from anywhere, dropbox, download folder, etc.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Thanks I have a file manager already but Adobe is just complicating life by doing a very poor design

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

What happens if you navigate to the file you want to view and open them, does it open in the Adobe Reader? I bet it will.

So open a file manager first, not the Reader. But you should end up in the same place.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

You are correct except for the fact that I use Documents To Go (Full Version) for my default PDF app. The only time that I want to use Adobe Reader to open a PDF file is when the PDF file is a PDF Portfolio (multiple PDFs in 1 file) since this is the only app for an Android which I found that will open it up.