Who's battery life sucks after 5.5.893 OTA?

jpvybes

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I loaded the 5.5.893 software update and since then battery life has gone down dramatically. Any ideas or others experiencing this?

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
"Suck"s is a bit strong. I'd say my battery life is somewhat worse after the update. Everything else is somewhat improved.

jakedsnk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has gone way down. Data connection not much better. I have also now had 3 instances when my connection was so poor that it wouldn't even let me make a call. Overall, my phone works worse after the update and it didn't work too swift before it....

jpvybes

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
"Suck"s is a bit strong. I'd say my battery life is somewhat worse after the update. Everything else is somewhat improved.

I'm attempting another factory reset, this time I'll wipe out the memory cards as well. What actually does "Suck" is the loss of data connectivity even after it was supposed to be fixed.

Sunburn76

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine was great with the extended battery, I was getting 2 days with light use but the update did seem to eat a little more battery (5-10%)......then the network went down again on the 28th and things haven't been the same. I can't get back on the 4g network, only been on 3g for the past 5 days now and the phone dies 4-5 hours after I unplug it from a full charge, I don't even touch it, no phone calls or surfing, just a black screen in idle mode; battery use show the majority going to cell standby. I think it has to do with the phone continually trying to authenticate with the 4g network.

Damn stuff is burning me out.

McBane

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After a system update sometimes the battery calibration gets off. If you download a nifty app called "battery calibration" and follow it's instructions it will reset them back for you. I do this on every system update.

5.5.893 seems to be on average with the last update I had, which was the 5.7.8xx leaked update I had, I forget the specific number now.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After a system update sometimes the battery calibration gets off. If you download a nifty app called "battery calibration" and follow it's instructions it will reset them back for you. I do this on every system update.

5.5.893 seems to be on average with the last update I had, which was the 5.7.8xx leaked update I had, I forget the specific number now.

Does the program require root?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine's worse as well and SOMETHING is causing 'Android OS' % usage to spike. PLEASE FIX THIS!

I don't think anything is "causing" the Android OS to spike. Something has to be at the top of the list, and think about it, the Operating System of the Device (the CPU) that is running almost ALL the time should probably be at the top of the list. That is unless you are doing some heavy web surfing or playing a game.
Just last night when I laid down I checked my battery and after 18h and some minutes it was only down to 50%...to me that's pretty normal, and of course my Android OS was at the top of the chart, but I wouldn't say my battery life is any worse after the update. Sure the chart that shows battery use percentages has changed, but not my battery life itself. JMO

I really think the battery usage statistics chart is misunderstood. I dare say that if you charge your phone, unplug it, and turn on your display and keep if from going to sleep for say about an hour or so, then the display would be at the top of the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair