Update 5.9.901?

mctm025

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update 5.9.901???

Hello everyone. I got a replacement bionic about a week ago due to power cycles. I recieved the 5.5 update, day of and this morning got the 5.9 update. My phone is not rooted (straight out the box). I installed update and not sure what its for. Checked verizon website and its only showing the 5.5 update? Going to call verizon rep tomorrow to ask what its for.

mctm025

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone. I got a replacement bionic about a week ago due to power cycles. I recieved the 5.5 update, day of and this morning got the 5.9 update. My phone is not rooted (straight out the box). I installed update and not sure what its for. Checked verizon website and its only showing the 5.5 update? Going to call verizon rep tomorrow to ask what its for.

mctm025

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Bionic Update (5.9.901.en.US)

I believe the update has been found but i'm not quite sure what's going on...perhaps someone with more knowledge can explain what the post means lol.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well for us on 5.7.893 we are indeed screwed. I even tried putting system from 5.5.893 on and still can't flash it. Unless someone finds a solution, we're stuck on this update. Sigh.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well for us on 5.7.893 we are indeed screwed. I even tried putting system from 5.5.893 on and still can't flash it. Unless someone finds a solution, we're stuck on this update. Sigh.

Crap...what are we supposed to do now?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Crap...what are we supposed to do now?

Pray. This is only going to be solved by moto / vzw. They need to release an update, either leaked or official, that gets us back on the upgrade path. Otherwise your options are limited...stick with this update forever or get a new phone. As I said before, have we all learned the lesson of messing with a locked bootloader? If by some miracle we do find a way back, I'm not touching leaked updates again. Root...Roms...sure. but nothing that touches the boot image. Sigh.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Pray. This is only going to be solved by moto / vzw. They need to release an update, either leaked or official, that gets us back on the upgrade path. Otherwise your options are limited...stick with this update forever or get a new phone. As I said before, have we all learned the lesson of messing with a locked bootloader? If by some miracle we do find a way back, I'm not touching leaked updates again. Root...Roms...sure. but nothing that touches the boot image. Sigh.

Ditto.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

So weird.. My computer isn't letting me see p2 of this thread haha sorry I didn't know you had the file already.. Have to view this on my phone. That blows though that it won't let you guys back on the path. If this is really stressing you I'm sure there's a few things you could do.. Take my advice with a grain of salt and don't hold me responsible for anything:
1. Try to find a link to the top 5.8.894 zip, if you can get on that system's radio it could be worth a shot at trying to go from there to the new update?
2. Go to VZ and either tell them what's what or make something up to try and get them to help you.. They have the tools to load anything on the phone that they want..
3. Have insurance? Backup what you need to your sd card and stomp the phone to pieces or run it over.. LOL.. Yes you'll have to pay the deductible but its cheaper than getting a new phone and at least you'll be back on the upgrade path.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I've already determined I'm not going the shady route. :) If it comes down to it, I will buy myself a new phone. I did this to myself, and this is the consequence of my actions. I don't fault VZW or hold them responsible. And I'm not going to file a false warranty claim for "accidental" damage. I don't begrudge others that take that action, but, for me personally, it's not something I can do. That being said, I'd love to get back on the upgrade path somehow. Your first idea won't work. I did a lot of work last night and the issue is that the kernel is the same as 5.5.893, but, the boot image isn't. And it detects that. So, until we can get a boot image that'll update the 5.7.893 boot image, we are in fact screwed. If there's no fix for this by February, I'll suck it up and buy a new phone. One without a locked bootloader.

rduckwor

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I've already determined I'm not going the shady route. :) If it comes down to it, I will buy myself a new phone. I did this to myself, and this is the consequence of my actions. I don't fault VZW or hold them responsible.

While I applaud your morality, VZW DID THIS TO US.

They have largely failed to support/failed to force MOTO to support a seriously flawed handset leaving us little other avenue than to try to find ways to support ourselves.

You ethics are fine, too bad VZW and Moto don't share them.

Good Luck to all of us stuck off the beaten pathway.

RMD

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I hear you Samuri.. Hope you guys figure something out :/

Lol nerd alert: someone got silly mad at me for making that same statement and corrected me.. Every phone has a locked BL.. You just want one that is unlockable :p

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

They have largely failed to support/failed to force MOTO to support a seriously flawed handset leaving us little other avenue than to try to find ways to support ourselves.

RMD

I can fully understand this viewpoint. For me, at the end of the day, VZW or Moto did not hold a gun to my head and force me to install the leaked update. (If they had tried, they'd have a katana in the stomach! :D) Anyway, I do get your point and I don't disagree that it's a valid way to look at it. It's just not how I choose to see it for myself. When they say proceed with caution, this will bite you in the @$$ and we ignore it, well, that's part of life. As I said, I don't begrudge others for taking a different path than I choose for getting back on the upgrade path. Not at all.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I hear you Samuri.. Hope you guys figure something out :/

Lol nerd alert: someone got silly mad at me for making that same statement and corrected me.. Every phone has a locked BL.. You just want one that is unlockable :p

Me too. I'd like to put this mess behind me and move on. Right now, I'm stuck, so, not much I can do but wait and see what happens.

And you are 100% correct, sir....an *unlockable* bootloader is what I want.

customer44

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

RMD

In reality, that's a load. You made the choices to go the way that you did. No one held a gun to your head, no one forced you to do a thing. Take a little responsibility. Moto certainly could have done a quicker job of updating the phone, but to use that as an excuse for your choice is bottom drawer crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37