Will I be able to 4s, razr, or nexus? Defective Bionic... AGAIN

ahyp

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought my Bionic in September with the hopes of replacing my iPhone 4 on at&t. Dropped unlimited data and moved to Verizon for the 4G.

Since then, I've been through 2 phones. My first bionic had black screen issues, reboot issues, headphone jack issues, and data connectivity issues. Another phone has the exact same issues. The software update "fix" has lessened the data connectivity issues, but they are still there, along with all the other issues.

Verizon says they will send me another replacement.

This phone will undoubtedly have the same issues. :( Now I like the idea of a dual core 4g phone, but I can't have all these issues for my entire 2 year contract...

I spoke with the first person who escalated me to motorola which will only "repair" my phone.
The second person I talked to will give me another bionic in the meantime as I send my phone to motorola to get repaired.
The third person (his supervisor) will let me do the following:
- get a refurb bionic
- get a thunderbolt
- get a lg enlighten
- get a samsung stratosphere
- get a htc rezound
- get a droid charge

none of these are on par with the bionic.

here is what I asked her to do and she says she cant:
- allow me to cancel my contract for selling me a defective product
- allowing me to get a iphone 4s, or razr, refurbished, paying the difference between the two.
- allowing me to upgrade my device and start a 2 year contract again

I don't want a lesser phone and wish that the bionic would just work. Unfortunately, it won't. Am I being unreasonable or do you think when I talk to her manager tomorrow I will get more options?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So, I bought my Bionic in September with the hopes of replacing my iPhone 4 on at&t. Dropped unlimited data and moved to Verizon for the 4G.

Since then, I've been through 2 phones. My first bionic had black screen issues, reboot issues, headphone jack issues, and data connectivity issues. Another phone has the exact same issues. The software update "fix" has lessened the data connectivity issues, but they are still there, along with all the other issues.

This phone will undoubtedly have the same issues. :( Now I like the idea of a dual core 4g phone, but I can't have all these issues for my entire 2 year contract...

I spoke with the first person who escalated me to motorola which will only "repair" my phone.
The second person I talked to will give me another bionic in the meantime as I send my phone to motorola to get repaired.
- get a refurb bionic
- get a thunderbolt
- get a lg enlighten
- get a htc rezound
- get a droid charge

- allowing me to get a iphone 4s, or razr, refurbished, paying the difference between the two.

I don't want a lesser phone and wish that the bionic would just work. Unfortunately, it won't. Am I being unreasonable or do you think when I talk to her manager tomorrow I will get more options?

They are offering you a choice and you think they are not equivalent to the bionic? Motorola is crap in my opinion. I have had the HTC Thunderbolt since August. It is an awesome phone. And many bolt users will back me up on it. So be glad you have been offered other devices to choose from. You would eat crow on your words by taking a thunderbolt

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have Bionic with no issues. My son has the HTC Rezound, and he doesn't get texts until he turns his screen on.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will I be able to 4s, razr, or nexus? Defective Bionic... AGA

- get a refurb bionic
- get a thunderbolt
- get a lg enlighten
- get a htc rezound
- get a droid charge

I had the same issue and even spoke to executive relations, threatening to cancel all 3 of my lines that I pay over $2500/year for and they didn't budge. They only offered me a refurb phone (this was back in october when bionic was only 4g dual core phone out) and I refused it. I told them I paid $300 less than 30 days ago for a phone that isn't working right, I am not settling for a used phone nor would I settle for a used 3g or single core 4g phone. They never budged. I begged them to let me upgrade again because I would pay for a new phone and reextend my contract and all that mumbo jumbo but it never worked. I'm still on my original Bionic that I ordered September 7th and I'm currently stuck on the 5.7.893 update (camera + data issues are better) but the new 5.9.901 update i've heard really helps with data loss. I feel like this phone has improved 90% and I don't even wanna get a new phone (maybe Nexus or RAZR Maxx when it comes out) but I'll just pay full price when it comes time to do so or just wait till May 2013 if I can lol. If you really want to get a different phone, I'd try the Rezound since it's the only dual core LTE device you listed, friend has one and loves it.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

The Rezound is the best phone on VZW at this time. I don't know why you would say that it doesn't measure up to the Bionic. I have had both, and the Rezound rocks, and it will rock even more with ICS. Plus the screen is unrivaled on any other phone.

whills2

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Here's the bottom line. The problem is not Verizon, it is motorola. Verizon just provides the network to use your phone. Motorola actually develops and supports the hardware and software for the phones. I really doubt you will get very far with Verizon unfortunately. I do wish you good luck and keep us posted on how you make out. I would go for the Razr as it has the least number of issues right now.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
With the choices they gave you, I'd have to say either the Thunderbolt or the Rezound. I had the Bionic and it kept dropping signals and was randomly rebooting. I currently have the Thunderbolt, and it's running fine. I have the Rezound battery in it, so battery life isn't much of a problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jude526

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

I have the bionic and absolute love it. No issues. Sorry you got a dud. The Rezound is also an amazing device.

jefmoody

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I have the bionic and absolute love it. No issues. Sorry you got a dud. The Rezound is also an amazing device.

I too have had only minor issues but they were cleared by updating. So I now say, "no issues". I like Motorola products because they have been rock solid for me (Droid, DroidX and Bionic) - only the Bionic had any issues at all but that's a moot point now.
I would try one more Bionic before giving up but that would be all I could take if it also didn't work well.
Good Luck.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

I called this morning about the "no data" issue that the update didn't fix and was told I could get a refurbed Bionic sent to me. Uh, I paid $300 for this POS in Oct and you're sending me a refurb?! No dice! If my CS person had offered me what you got offered, I'd jump at the HTC Rezound or Samsung anything.

@Jude526 is right, Moto is crap!

And you should call them back and take the HTC Rezound.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

The Rezound is the best phone on VZW at this time. I don't know why you would say that it doesn't measure up to the Bionic. I have had both, and the Rezound rocks, and it will rock even more with ICS. Plus the screen is unrivaled on any other phone.

Correct.

gfunk24

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

had same issues, was on my 3rd replacement bionic. they offered me the same phones to switch to and I jumped on the Rezound. Got it 3 days ago and it has been fantastic! has not dropped data once (other than the nationwide outage this morning) and that screen is seriously gorgeous! definitely go for it...

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

had same issues, was on my 3rd replacement bionic. they offered me the same phones to switch to and I jumped on the Rezound. Got it 3 days ago and it has been fantastic! has not dropped data once (other than the nationwide outage this morning) and that screen is seriously gorgeous! definitely go for it...

That's awesome! I sent VZ a very pissed off letter about how crappy the Bionic is, not to mention expensive and all they can offer us are refurbs?!

I'm glad you got a Rezound. I'm hoping someone higher up sees my email.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Alrighty then .. the straw finally broke the camel's back!!

Over Christmas, my Bionic started powering itself off randomly. I did the usual battery pull, sim removal, complete battery charge and it still continued to power itself off randomly throughout the Christmas weekend. I called VZ yesterday to get help. They advised me pull the battery and remove the sim. Wow, tech support. The problem was ruled to be a power source issue. The would be strike three against the Bionic (1 and 2 being the data issue and camera snafu, respectively). When the tech support agent offered to send me a replacement, I told him "thank you but no". I went on to explain that I didn't want another Bionic with the off chance that it too would be plagued with similar problems. He asked what I wanted. I said something that works! He offered up a shiny new HTC Rezound. Done and done.

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I got offered the RAZR as a replacement by Verizon, it came in the mail yesterday but the box had a Bionic in it... Hopefully the overnight package coming tomorrow will be the RAZR otherwise I'll know they are toying with me to waste time until another update is pushed out.

I asked if I could get a Nexus instead because I lost faith in Moto, but his manager would not go for it.

i'm also stuck with a Bionic Car Dock and Extended Battery

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I got offered the RAZR as a replacement by Verizon, it came in the mail yesterday but the box had a Bionic in it... Hopefully the overnight package coming tomorrow will be the RAZR otherwise I'll know they are toying with me to waste time until another update is pushed out.

I asked if I could get a Nexus instead because I lost faith in Moto, but his manager would not go for it.

i'm also stuck with a Bionic Car Dock and Extended Battery

did you talk to Verizon in person or over the phone to get the RAZR?

beermanmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Just reading the thread title and the first couple sentences you wrote i can tell you are a complainer, are just not happy with the Bionic at all and want a "cool" new phone. You can say that you are not all day long and you just want the Bionic to work, but that's the way it seems to me. Everyone has those issues more or less, stick with the phone and wait for the updates like everyone else, your Bionics are not defective. You also know that you can't say "waa waa i don't want to wait for the updates to fix my phone i want one of the cools ones that are out now!" so you make it seem like a special case with defective phones.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just reading the thread title and the first couple sentences you wrote i can tell you are a complainer, are just not happy with the Bionic at all and want a "cool" new phone. You can say that you are not all day long and you just want the Bionic to work, but that's the way it seems to me. Everyone has those issues more or less, stick with the phone and wait for the updates like everyone else, your Bionics are not defective. You also know that you can't say "waa waa i don't want to wait for the updates to fix my phone i want one of the cools ones that are out now!" so you make it seem like a special case with defective phones.

Not to mention the bionic is a great phone. It kills me when folks try to fix software issues with replacement hardware. :/

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv