Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So my Bionic suffers from the dreaded 3G/4G lost connection like most every other bionic user. It's gotten to the point where I just leave on 3G. Anyway, do any of these updates do even the slightest to improve 4G connection (either the official OTA or any leaked)?? Below is a picture of the particulars, my unit is a HWA if that matters and I have only ROMmed it to the Th3ory BLURR3D ROM. I have not applied 43V3R Root or anything else. It came w/ 5.5.893 out of the box BTW.

I keep hearing mixed reports as to whether or not to update (messed up kernels, etc., etc.). I guess my question is should I update and if so what route should I take?

Or even any ROMs that have an update integrated into them?

DSC_0158.jpg

Last edited:

rgfaith

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
i had the same issue. turns out the prl version was not updating like it is supposed too. so they sent me a new sim card. prl is supposed to be 15098. as soon as i installed the new one it updated right to it.. call verizon and have them look into the prl

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, here's the deal, I haven't attempted to update yet. So are you saying I'm cursed with that PRL version?

And if I replace my sim card, won't that come with a new phone number?

rgfaith

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
prl does have to do with the towers, but if it's not the current one then it will not update correctly to the towers around you. that's the problem i had. works better with the new sim card and no it does not change phone number... i just did it all last night and works better now... the other update they are putting out has nothing to do with the prl updating itself

DroidM3

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine is stock and my PRL is 15061 as well. I received the 893 update, which did not fix my data dropping problem at all. So the SIM card could be the issue, and not necessarily a software update?

rgfaith

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
15061 is what it was in july there have been 3 updates since then according to the rep i talked too. mine was doing the same thing. i got my new card last night and once they got it going it updated itself to the latest version. today it has worked great (except for verizons outage of 4g, once it came back it's been good)

DroidM3

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
hmmm. I have an extra sim card (they sent one with a refurb, then had me put my old sim in the refurb to activate, the problem continued so I returned it). What would I lose if I swapped cards? The phone has been getting the updates, which is odd.

rgfaith

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
you would have to call and have them activate it (sim card)
you will still get the system updates regardless of the sim card
the prl has to do with the sim card
i got all the system updates too
so try the new sim card and see what happens