Video Stabilization for 1080p Capture

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Greetings Bionic Community,

Bionic is an amazing phone, no doubt about that. After going through pain with my first bionic, my second bionic has been performing flawlessly. Now I can nitpick some of the features that I have noticed and am wondering if anyone has any guidance on how to get around this particular issue.

What I'm talking about is Video Stabilization when capturing videos in 1080p. I, like most humans, don't have a stable steady hand. And when I'm taking video, and viewing them on my PC, I notice lots of jittery movements which can hurt the eyes sometime. Is there a software out there that can help with the stabilization? Or has Motorola noticed this particular issue and is there a fix on the way?

I noticed that the Bionic does not have a gyroscope capability, which could be problematic for stabilization since phones like the iPhone utilize it for their video stabilization.

Thanks.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think what you are seeing is the focus going in and out causing the picture to appear to "jump" as it is trying to focus on something. It even happens when you are pointed at a stationary object. I have been complaining about this since I got my Bionic. Haven't seen a fix for it yet. It is the only thing I don't like about my phone. (But is important, since I do shoot a lot of HD video.)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it could be your focusing...I have a different camera app and it focuses correctly, not too often, but gets the job done. If you're really having an issue, get something to hold it while you're using it, (i.e. tripod, etc)