Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mwyarm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Handling Multiple email Accounts

I have four email accounts that feed into my Bionic in addition to the gmail account that is handled separately.

On my original Droid, I was able to view all my accounts in one inbox with color coding for each of the accounts.

My Bionic keeps the accounts separate...which is fine...but I can only view my default account when I choose the email app icon. If I want to view any of the other inboxes, I have to go to my email settings and change the default to the one I want to view, then change it back again to my main one.

I would imagine that there is an easier way to do this but I can't figure it out.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Default Re: Handling Multiple email Accounts

Doesn't Blur have a universal inbox where you can see all your accounts at the same time? Or you could use MailDroid like I do...
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

There is one as I initially stumbled on it when I found what I am using now is "messaging" as it allows you to take a quick view of all boxes and how many emails per box and allows you to select that box. Just look the apps and hold down on messaging to add to your home screen. The combined box I initially added and I did not prefer was through a long press on the home screen and scrolling through widgets and/or applications. Sorry, I cannot point you to the explicit location.
    Thanked by 2:
    Bodhana likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mwyarm View Post
    There is one as I initially stumbled on it when I found what I am using now is "messaging" as it allows you to take a quick view of all boxes and how many emails per box and allows you to select that box. Just look the apps and hold down on messaging to add to your home screen. The combined box I initially added and I did not prefer was through a long press on the home screen and scrolling through widgets and/or applications. Sorry, I cannot point you to the explicit location.
    Thanks! I found it pretty easily.

I have totally ignored that app because I thought it was just for texting, which I don't do.

Excellent, this will be much easier now!

You can use the default Gmail app to solve the problem which you are having.
    See my post on step by step approach to setup multiple emails.

View multiple email accounts with original bionic email
    I used to use K-9 once I learned how to use the standard programs it it much better imo
    Create your accounts
    then use messaging (standard app) on bionic
    There your multiple email accounts will be listed click on the account you wish to use.
    When a new email comes in the status bar imforms you click on messaging to open email accounts

I knew there had to be a way to view all mail in one spot...
    Metta...Bodhana

Just got a Droid 4 and the Messaging app is gone. Any ideas?