droid extended batter 4000 training / conditioning???

thomasiamnj

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an extended batter for my bionic and found that my phone does not give me the accurate reading of my batter level. First time I installed the battery it showed I had 5% batter life for over 6 hours of use. I remembered that I needed to drain it all the way down to 0% and charge it back to 100% which I did but it still gave me a false reading. I tried to drain it three times now without any success. Now the phone gives me 100% bat level and in 5 min it goes down to 15% level but I can still use it for hours.
I was also reading around about how to recondition the battery and all the widgets I found was for ROOTED phones. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this issue?
Thanks
My bionic hardware and os is as follows.
Batter- li-ion 3.7v 4000mAh
OS- 5.5.893.xt875.verizon.e..us
android version 2.3.4

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Kinda wondering the same. I got one too and it seems to read the same as my old battery but ive been on 1% for hours streaming netfilx trying to get it to die. Im not rooted but would like to calibrate the battery so i have an idea of how much i got left? Any ideas?

BountyHead

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am in the same boat I'm rooted and trying the battery calibration app that is found on the Google Market. My battery would drain to 5% really quickly but with moderate use it lasted well over 16 hours. I just ran the calibration and i will let you know if it worked as i need to drain the battery to dead then recharge to full

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I found a fix. Download "Battery left" fromthe market. Works great. Your system battery display will still be incorrect, but you can put a widget on the homescreen and calibrate the battery and its accurate for the extended/4000 mah battery.

Im happy now.

thomasiamnj

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I found a fix. Download "Battery left" fromthe market. Works great. Your system battery display will still be incorrect, but you can put a widget on the homescreen and calibrate the battery and its accurate for the extended/4000 mah battery.

Im happy now.

i tried this and still doesnt work.how did you get it working?

jj1122

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
download "battery left" and put a widget on your home screen. In order to calibrate it, you have to start with a complete charge and then let it run completely dead once. It should be calibrated at that point. Open up battery left (the app) and check the Accuracy tab. If it still shows red, you are not done calibrating.

mud.pony

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issues and i got the battery left app. Im still not fully calibrated after 4 days but its working very well. I can tell some difference in my battery life as well. Its great for a free app.

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought one of these from Ebay and after a couple of weeks, I get an error message when I try to charge it. It tells me to install the OEM battery. So much for cheap Chinese junk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks