Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hot Battery:High Drain

Just pass on this tidbit. I have two batteries that i switch out when one gets at/below 20%. Apparently one time on switching (note the battery doesn't pop out easily) the batteries, I accidently moved the SD card ascue. This resulted in extreme battery drain of 50%/hour, and an EXTREMELY HOT battery. Everything worked but the battery drain caused a lot of heat, even more than normal when using GPS apps. SO, be careful when removing/addng the battery not to move the sd card.
    Last edited by pharologst; 01-04-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typos
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Thanks good to know

Sent from my NookColor using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Default Re: Hot Battery:High Drain

Good information, Thank you.

my phone routinely gets hot. the sd card is seated properly. so this may be 1 problem, but there is something else going on! Why is my battery heating up and dropping percentage left??
    assuming the sd card is seated properly, of course

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by idivorceyou View Post
    my phone routinely gets hot. the sd card is seated properly. so this may be 1 problem, but there is something else going on! Why is my battery heating up and dropping percentage left??
    Check what you have on the SD card. I experienced terriable battery drain and excessive heating until I deleted all of the crap that was saved on it from previous phones. Once I cleaned it off my battery life is amazing and have not had any heat issues.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by idivorceyou View Post
    You could just have a lot of stuff running, or maybe you have a defective Bionic. Mine gets fairly warm when I'm using 4G a lot.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

I don't have that problem anymore . Weird.