Question about the Notification bar on the Bionic

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This is going to sound like one hell of a newbie question. I've had my Bionic since launch this being my first 4G LTE device. So my question is this:
In the notification bar the 4G LTE indicator under wifi turns white and the signal wave indicator is blue and some times when I turn off wifi both indicators are blue then again with wifi off there both white. I have attached a screen shot I just took. Any insight on the differences in color combinations would be most helpful thanks!
62e37595-c921-f42e.jpg

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound like one hell of a newbie question. I've had my Bionic since launch this being my first 4G LTE device. So my question is this:
In the notification bar the 4G LTE indicator under wifi turns white and the signal wave indicator is blue and some times when I turn off wifi both indicators are blue then again with wifi off there both white. I have attached a screen shot I just took. Any insight on the differences in color combinations would be most helpful thanks!
Click to view quoted image

I believe, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that blue means you have the data connection. When Wi-Fi is on and blue, 4G will be white because your data is coming via Wi-Fi. So when you turn, i-fi off, the 4G should be blue. That's how mine works anyway! I hope I've been helpful :)

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that blue means you have the data connection. When Wi-Fi is on and blue, 4G will be white because your data is coming via Wi-Fi. So when you turn, i-fi off, the 4G should be blue. That's how mine works anyway! I hope I've been helpful :)

OK I'm following makes sense thus far but, what does it mean when both indicators are white?

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
You know I've always wondered the same thing...

I always assumed it meant there is signal, but no data transferring .. but its was always a guess.

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
White means no data and blue means you do have data, a connection. If both are white then you will not have a data connection until one turns blue.

matthimrod

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Blue indicators actually indicate that your device is able to communicate with the Google servers using that connection. So, if your indicators are all white, your device isn't syncing. When the WiFi indicator is on, I think the 3G/4G indicators freeze in whatever position they were in (i.e. if your device dropped its data connection just as WiFi was being established, the 3G/4G indicator will turn white). So if both are white, then your device isn't syncing. White indicators don't always mean that your data connection is down exactly, but because white indicators mean you can't sync, it usually is a good indication of that. (Sometimes there can be other reasons why you're not syncing even though your data connection is active, but most often, white means you're connected to a tower but data isn't flowing.) Hope that helps clear things up.

Reactions: Simonbarsinistr

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar