Sistersheila

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just received my HDMI cable from Amazon; hooked it up to TV; tried several apps; it worked fine. Took phone downstairs to charge and tried the set up again. Now the sound is awful. Any ideas? Thanks.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure it's making good connection lol? Reboot the phone is always a good start. Check your TV's settings, make sure something didn't change. I think there was a setting on mine that I had to fix for sound to work correctly.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Same TV? I know the HDMI works perfectly on my TV (Sony Bravia) but the sound is jittery and choppy on my brothers TV using the same cable.

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Probably just a 1:1000 glitch. Check that it's plugged in securely. If still bad, reboot.

What kind of cable is it? (Brand)

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using the moto cable that came with the phone, same thing here. Video is good, but audio is chopped up, like talking through a fan...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

jcrome04

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Newegg has good cheap cables. Maybe get another one to see if it is the cable... if still garbled, most likely the phone...

uiil

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Monoprice.com for cables ftw.

Also, IIRC bionic has different default volume settings (adjustable); one for ring, one for voice calls, one for media apps. There may be some "neutral" volume setting for media out that doesn't overpower the other downstream device's input capability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech