Battery 100%

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had a few Android phones and there are certain tricks of the trade to get the battery to charge to 100%. For example there was something called a bump charge where you charge fully turn off the phone and charge some more and will charge further
Is there any trick for the bionic?
I take my phone off the charger and it goes to 99%. I understand the system is built to not allow to overcharge.

Any ideas forum buds?

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had a few Android phones and there are certain tricks of the trade to get the battery to charge to 100%. For example there was something called a bump charge where you charge fully turn off the phone and charge some more and will charge further
Is there any trick for the bionic?
I take my phone off the charger and it goes to 99%. I understand the system is built to not allow to overcharge.

Any ideas forum buds?

I've found that using my old blackberry charger gets it the few extra steps to show 100 and stay there for a bit.

Trackready

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys this is totally unnecessary. The battery indicator is just an estimated amount based on various things such as voltage and learned calibration. Using a different charger wont make a difference. Chargers are rated off the amperage they can deliver, which the oem charger will always have a sufficient rating. As batteries are nearing a full charge they are drawing the least amperage. You cannot "force" more charge in with a different charger.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Not to switch the topic much but i have a dock / spare battery charger i got off of Amazon (I've had one for my OG and X as well, i mod them for dock usb to computer and spare battery to outlet) and the spare battery won't charge past 90% no matter how long i leave it in there. My other spare batteries always completely charged this way, if I put it in the phone and plug in it well then continue to charge.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk