Shorcuts for words or phrases? Is it possible?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would like to be able to type a few letters such as "ml" and have it come up as "Meeting for Lunch". This was easy to do on my former phone (BlackBerry), but I can't seem to find a place to make these definitions.

Is there a way to do this on the Bionic?

Thanks.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I know you can add words to the dictionary that are not "normal" words like user names for instance so they will come up in the suggestions when entering information in text boxes but not sure if that will work for what you are asking.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You can install Clipper and include the words as Snippets. When you click on the Snippet, it adds the word to the clipboard.

Again, not exactly what I am looking for, but thanks.

I want to be able to enter a couple of unique letters and have my Bionic spell out a complete word or phrase that I associate with those unique letters. So typing in something like "mwb" would spell out "Meeting with Bob", if I have pre-arranged for that association.

This was part of the BlackBerry OS and very simple to set up. One column for the abbreviation and the other column for the replacement.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I believe Smart Keyboard will do what you ask (auto text). Not sure how good it is I havn't personally used it.
Same with Auto Text Keyboard....both on the app market.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Use "Perfect Keyboard" its by far the best keyboard and it allows you to create custom shortcuts. For example I made all the ones I was used to woth my old BB.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I can't believe there isn't an app that does this without getting a new keyboard. I am happy with the keyboard, I just want the shortcuts!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney