Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rduckwor
  • 2 Post By jcrome04
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Default Have Moto and VZW just given up on the Bionic?

Seeing the threads about Bionics getting swapped for Rezounds and Razrs, the total lack of another OTA to fix that which the first failed miserably to fix, .901 pushed "accidentally" without any further follow-up, am I alone in feeling abandoned with my Bionic?

RMD
    Thanked by:
    kyledavis09 likes this.

Default Re: Have Moto and VZW just given up on the Bionic?

Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor View Post
    Seeing the threads about Bionics getting swapped for Rezounds and Razrs, the total lack of another OTA to fix that which the first failed miserably to fix, .901 pushed "accidentally" without any further follow-up, am I alone in feeling abandoned with my Bionic?

RMD
    No, I kind of feel the same way. I might not if we get a fix for the data drop issue, but either way Verizon has clearly moved on from the Bionic.

I definitely feel abandoned... like Verizon is quickly wanting to forget this device and push people to new devices because of it's issues. I dont know.. If Motorola unlocked the BL on the Bionic, it could quickly become a huge huge favorite amongst users.. here's to hoping.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,516 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Yep and the razr Mazzini is the new moto baby. Sorry razr, multi colored razrs and bionic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts

I'm still hoping and praying for MIUI or ICS from hackers central. Never know, but pretty scary seeing my TouchPad get more Android action then my Droid Bionic. Sorli...

Why not just give up on Motorola? I am..

Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Why not just give up on Motorola? I am..

interesting read, thanks for sharing that.

Although i am sticking with my Bionic atleast until my next upgrade. Just isnt that big of an issue to me.

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbentley3 View Post

Although i am sticking with my Bionic atleast until my next upgrade. Just isnt that big of an issue to me.
    Same here and yes I don't really have that much of a problem with my Bionic...since I switched to Eclipse and dump all of Motorola and Verizon build crap. Thankfully, it works pretty well and I have my TouchPad running ICS build 0.5. Sorli...

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I wish we had miui on the bionic. I would be happy if we could get that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

Wtf? I love my bionic. Why do I need constant updates and news on an "older" phone.

Id like to thank Moto & VZW for giving me such an awesome quality phone. A phone that does more than RAZR and Rezound. A Moto that gets reception where no HTC or samsung do.

Im perfectly content. No abandonment issues here!! ♥
    akadrew and jimmybigshot like this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor View Post

RMD
    Oh, I called that awhile back. Motorola is interested in cranking out phone after phone. They are choosing to ignore the products they already have out.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    I wish we had miui on the bionic. I would be happy if we could get that.

MIUI is sweet and looks fantastic on my wife's Nook Color. It has some bugs and need to see if they have a newer build for her Nook, but all in all we can live with the problems for something that both beautiful and easy.

Wish someone at MIUI would talk with the guys at Cyanogen Mod and bring some of that love to the States. Sadly, I don't think they have access to a Bionic in Asia and MIUI will probably never happen. Sorli...

It has been forever since the. 893 update. A whole 2 months. That is way too long for me. I guess I am going to ebay my phone.

I've had my Bionic since launch day. So has my girlfriend. No issues. Great reception and any issue that we had when switching from 3G to 4G was resolved with one phone call to Verizon and a few changes that they recommended.

It's a great device and it'll only get better with ICS.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JCrome View Post
    Wtf? I love my bionic. Why do I need constant updates and news on an "older" phone.

Id like to thank Moto & VZW for giving me such an awesome quality phone. A phone that does more than RAZR and Rezound. A Moto that gets reception where no HTC or samsung do.

Im perfectly content. No abandonment issues here!! ♥
    I'm glad you love your Bionic but most of us have had multipe issue since launch, some have been fixed with updates..some not. The reason we want updates is so we can actually use our smartphone for something else besides a phone call like it was supposed to when we paid around $300+ for it. I don't understand what the Bionic does that the Razr doesn't? ( I just got rid of my Bionic for a Razr...)

Anyways, I do feel like Verizon is done with the Bionic.. they launched it with the most problems I've ever seen in a smart phones history after being delayed for months on end. They pretty much offer a rezound or revolution/charge in exchange for it back. Motorola messed it up big time, with updates my Bionic got a lot better and the main problem was having no data connections for days at a time. The phone worked better after the update but my Razr has yet to drop data once. I hope Motorola slows down though...they said they were releasing fewer phones this year (yet they've already introduced 2). They are the same as the razr but one with a bigger battery and a DEV edition (want us to pay $700 for the same old razr lacking a few lines of code to lock the bootloader). It's really pissing off their fan base...if they're going to make 3 version of the same phone within 2 months, just release the best out of all of them first rather than screwing your customers. this might be the last motorola I buy..

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by grn4frk View Post
    I'm glad you love your Bionic but most of us have had multipe issue since launch, some have been fixed with updates..some not. The reason we want updates is so we can actually use our smartphone for something else besides a phone call like it was supposed to when we paid around $300+ for it. I don't understand what the Bionic does that the Razr doesn't? ( I just got rid of my Bionic for a Razr...)

Anyways, I do feel like Verizon is done with the Bionic.. they launched it with the most problems I've ever seen in a smart phones history after being delayed for months on end. They pretty much offer a rezound or revolution/charge in exchange for it back. Motorola messed it up big time, with updates my Bionic got a lot better and the main problem was having no data connections for days at a time. The phone worked better after the update but my Razr has yet to drop data once. I hope Motorola slows down though...they said they were releasing fewer phones this year (yet they've already introduced 2). They are the same as the razr but one with a bigger battery and a DEV edition (want us to pay $700 for the same old razr lacking a few lines of code to lock the bootloader). It's really pissing off their fan base...if they're going to make 3 version of the same phone within 2 months, just release the best out of all of them first rather than screwing your customers. this might be the last motorola I buy..
    The launch was delayed, add into the mix, you can't tell me that Motorola and VZW didn't know that barely two months later they would be releasing the RAZR, or the RAZR Maxx, or whatever the next RAZR will be in the next month.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Quote Originally Posted by mbentley3 View Post

Agreed. I've had six different Android phones starting with the Eris many moons ago. They all have had their quarks but it wasn't anything that I thought should be replaced. I really like my Bionic. Yes, it does drop data, but only when I head into BFE.....but then again ALL of my Android phones dropped data when I headed into BFE.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted