What data issue?

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The early Bionics had trouble maintaining a data connection. It had trouble going from 4g back to 3g and visa versa. I only seem to have a problem when I am in a weak 4g area. Sometimes I have to reboot to get a data connection but it only happens when I am at a certain friend's houise so I think it may be a cell tower problem.
I had a LOT of trouble originally because I bought it on the first day. The 5.5.893 update seem to have solved most of my problems.

bighaubs

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that's got to be it. The bionic is perfect.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

It wasn't always, but the data connection has been very stable for me lately since the 5.5.893 release. Now if the background would just quit changing back to the default when I take it out of the desk dock...

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The data drop issue takes place on all Verizon 4G phones not just bionic in locations with spotty 4G. Some people think that grass is greener on the other side of the fence. They complain on this forum blaming the bionic. Eventually they get frustrated and sale their bionic for $170 on Ebay and then pay $600 for another Verizon 4G phone only to discover it has the same issues. I thank them very much for that as I am proud of the bionic I purchased for 170 off contract on Ebay.
If you know of anyone needing a new phone bionic are cheap right now. Best Deal in phones right now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a launch bionic and have solid 4g connection. Never drops data.

Same here, I also get almost 48 hrs on one charge..BUT I use it as a Phone, not a gaming system.
Get\make calls, send txt, and check out facebook every two hrs or so, and read news at lunch.

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been having more and more data issues. Sometimes I don't have a data connection for hours despite restarting and airplane mode. I do go in and out of subways on occasion.

rj160202

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problems as well. I have a replacement coming in the next couple days. There are a lot of fools on this board who think that if their phone works fine, every phone works fine.

therddler

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Wow. So there was some people who actually did have issues. I was nervous at first making damned sure I got a solid device but now I am definitely sure I did. Again coming from a whack - Berry to this I haven't been able to put it down. I was just curious about the data drop. Is it only 4g... cause right now I'm only in a 3g area.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have owned my bionic for almost a year, (in cell phone days it seems like a year) actually on my replacement certified one. I am in a spotty coverage area and have a range extender at my house. There are data issues when going from area to area and in and out of 3g 4g just got off phone with motorola and they admit to this. Are saying the 901 update did not address all radio concerns but are working on a 902 update which will help. did not have any information on expected release date. I do like the Bionic and hope they can fix the radio issue apparently enough people do have issues.

Last edited:

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problems as well. I have a replacement coming in the next couple days. There are a lot of fools on this board who think that if their phone works fine, every phone works fine.

There are also alot of fools on here that think that if their phone doesn't work fine, then everybody's phone doesn't work fine. Seriously, do you think about what you post before you hit the button?

No Pauldroid not a perfect phone but a really good one. Had 2 family members send back the coveted Nexus because it won't send anything out where my garbage bionic will, doesn't have service where my lackluster bionic does, and won't keep 3g where my under performing bionic does.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow. So there was some people who actually did have issues. I was nervous at first making damned sure I got a solid device but now I am definitely sure I did. Again coming from a whack - Berry to this I haven't been able to put it down. I was just curious about the data drop. Is it only 4g... cause right now I'm only in a 3g area.

The data issue only happens when switching from 3g to 4g, or vice versa... and maybe from wifi to 3g or 4g and vice versa. I have noticed I have no problem at all if I set it to 3g only, or if I am on 4g in an area where I can constantly keep at least 2 bars.