Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Last day for $30 Bionic refurb (on contract), trigger pull?

Ok, after my wife has offered no help, I'm asking the question to the forums. Here's the quick summary situation:

- Recently got a new Droid X2 as an insurance replacement
    - NE2 is available for me to upgrade
    - Today is the last day for Droid Bionic refurb sale ($30) for new 2yr contract
    - I live between Austin 4G and San Antonio 4G, but travel to both places frequently (phone would sit in 3G mode most of the time), and I work from home

Without $200-300 to spend on a newer (RAZR MAXX, Rezound, etc) option, I'm wondering if you, the great forum folk, would drop the $30 for a refurb Bionic over my current X2, or wait until one of the newer phones drops in price (refurb RAZR/MAXX to $100/$150 at some point in the next 3-4mos??)

As for the wife comment, we got her a Bionic refurb to upgrade her OG Droid, but she hasn't given it a full techie run through, and I've only gotten to play with it a little bit-- seemed faster (processor-wise), but nothing overly blazing.

Appreciate any response. Is there anything major I'd be giving up from my X2? FM Radio and H/W buttons are the only things I could determine. (I do like the H/W buttons after having an OG Droid-- hit that darn back button way too often by accident...)

Default Re: Last day for $30 Bionic refurb (on contract), trigger pull?

I would wait... also Walmart dot com has a brand new bionic for 80 and the rezound for 119....I buy all my phones from there....way cheaper...as far as the bionic goes I like it a lot....got it as a replacement for my charge.....

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I pulled the trigger on this same deal a week ago. The refurbished Bionic looks and feel like s brand new phone. What a steal to get this awesome phone for $30. I was planning on spending alot more but now my biggest decision is what case to get. The bionic is fast but the camera is not quite the best not bad for videos though. I really love the screen for watchingvideos
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@soulsurvives, thank you for the response, and good to know it's still cheap(er) on other sites (hadn't checked Walmart), if I pass this up. I think I'm resolved to wait it out a month, and see what deals pop up. (after all, just about a month ago, I was kicking myself for passing up the $80 refurb)

@kc2win, darn it! I still have a few hours to waffle, and you're not helping!

One of my gripes on the x2 is the camera, so I'm hoping to upgrade in that area.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I love my bionic 100%. $30 is a freaking steal.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

The camera is not horrible,and for pictures taking outside is actually decent but not in same league as iPhone out the rezound

I paid $279 plus tax on the first day at Costco and it is worth every penny. I will keep it until my contract expires and then get another Motorola. They are great phpones.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAcheJoe View Post
    @soulsurvives, thank you for the response, and good to know it's still cheap(er) on other sites (hadn't checked Walmart), if I pass this up. I think I'm resolved to wait it out a month, and see what deals pop up. (after all, just about a month ago, I was kicking myself for passing up the $80 refurb)

@kc2win, darn it! I still have a few hours to waffle, and you're not helping!

One of my gripes on the x2 is the camera, so I'm hoping to upgrade in that area.

If camera quality is a big selling point for you then pass. Also looks like you will be in 3G most of the time, so wouldnt even really benefit from having 4G. Which is really the only big difference between the X2 and Bionic IMO.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by Kc2win View Post
    I pulled the trigger on this same deal a week ago. The refurbished Bionic looks and feel like s brand new phone. What a steal to get this awesome phone for $30. I was planning on spending alot more but now my biggest decision is what case to get. The bionic is fast but the camera is not quite the best not bad for videos though. I really love the screen for watchingvideos
    +1 on this, except for the planning-to-spend-more part. My username may be enough of a clue as to the backstory on this, but the bottom line is that while I needed to get something fairly quickly, I can't really justify spending much on the current state of the technology -- when we get to voice-over-LTE and start cutting down on the number of radios in the device to simplify and improve power efficiency, and expand on the notion of the small tablet (e.g., Galaxy Note) that still fits in a shirt pocket, I'll start looking.

Until then I have a perfectly good phone (dual-CPU, LTE, clunky version of Android but scheduled for ICS) that I picked up for a great price. My Scottish ancestors would be proud