Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 902 for the rest of us?

When is this update expected to go out to the rest of the Bionics? Getting tired of hitting "System updates" like a lab monkey waiting for a treat.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

It may not even be released. If it does usually a week after the soak test.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something ICSy on 902

Droidlife posted a Verizon website snap that stated it was official and they and moto recommended everyone do the update. From what others are saying its usually about a week after soak testers. Or just do a search for it and download and install, like I did last night.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

Default Re: 902 for the rest of us?

LDubs I have a question for you. You responded to another post of mine (Eclipse 2.0 and system updaqtes) about the white screen I get when checking for system updates and you said you do not have to unroot to get the updates so my question now is how do I get the update to show without unrooting and what is the procedure to do it without bricking my phone.
    I am rooted using Eclipse v.20. I am currently running .893.
    Thanks for your help.

I got it yesterday afternoon.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I downloaded it from another forum and installed it just about 30 minutes ago. Everything running smooth so far. I even have increased bars here in my office. Usually get 1-2, now steady on 3 and even jumping to 4. Unfortunately, no 4G, but I'll take what I can get here in the sticks of Indiana!

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I am done installing updates manually on the Moto phones after the whole 901 fiasco. It was hell trying to roll my phone back to official so I was on the update path. I will only accept official OTA's now. This wouldn't be a problem, if they weren't suck d1ęks at Motorola, with this encrypted software.

I was on the phone with a tier 3 Verizon jerk and they said we should see the official update for 902 within 2 weeks, but who knows they like to lie at Verizon.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I am NOT going to download it manually. Waiting for OTA. Not unhappy with 893, just want it get better battery life and better data connection reliability!

(still no OTA for me...)

I was tempted to just download it and install it myself. But like others have said the whole .901 jump was such a pain and I just got my phone back to .893 for the update.

I'll wait for the official release so I dont have to deal with that again if they change something.

There is no reason to go back, there is an update from .901 to .902.

Quote Originally Posted by specularius View Post
    There is no reason to go back, there is an update from .901 to .902.
    there wasnt when I went back I reverted as soon as I heard there was an update being pushed.

Also as I said, im waiting for the "official" release, which I wouldnt be able to get if on .901.

I'm not sure I understand that mentality. You wouldn't get an official release by using the official 901 to 902 update? Uh, HUH? They HAD to release a 901 to 902 update for those that OFFICIALLY got the 901 update accidentally pushed to them. If you rushed to downgrade, well, that's a choice. I did the same, but, that was also a choice. Anyway, for those that want to wait for the OTA, more power to you. Just don't expect it to be out for at least a few more days. And also remember that it'll get pushed in batches, so, even when it's rolling out OTA, you still might not get it for several more days after that. It makes *NO* sense to sit there hitting the system update check over and over again hoping and praying. So much easier to just download it, throw it on the SD card, and install it. Just an opinion.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something ICSy on 902

Quote Originally Posted by anicholas7 View Post
    LDubs I have a question for you. You responded to another post of mine (Eclipse 2.0 and system updaqtes) about the white screen I get when checking for system updates and you said you do not have to unroot to get the updates so my question now is how do I get the update to show without unrooting and what is the procedure to do it without bricking my phone.
    I am rooted using Eclipse v.20. I am currently running .893.
    Thanks for your help.
    If you're already on 893, you hopefully did a backup of stock bloated rooted before you flashed eclipse. If so you can just restore that backup. If not you'll have to use rsd lite to push your phone back to stock bloated, forever root and you should receive the update when it gets pushed out to the public...or download it and flash in stock recovery like I did last night, BC I'm impatient like that.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: 902 for the rest of us?

I dont know if I can post links but over at droidforums there's a page you can do an official downgrade, root and update super super easy. I did it all in about an hour. Now Im all updated and root on 902 =) Def worth the hour, phone is faster, better signal strength, overall awesome-ness

If you are on 901, I'll repeat, you do NOT need to downgrade UNLESS you need to acquire root. If you are on 901 and are either not rooted or forever rooted, just run the 901 to 902 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    I'm not sure I understand that mentality. You wouldn't get an official release by using the official 901 to 902 update? Uh, HUH? They HAD to release a 901 to 902 update for those that OFFICIALLY got the 901 update accidentally pushed to them. If you rushed to downgrade, well, that's a choice. I did the same, but, that was also a choice. Anyway, for those that want to wait for the OTA, more power to you. Just don't expect it to be out for at least a few more days. And also remember that it'll get pushed in batches, so, even when it's rolling out OTA, you still might not get it for several more days after that. It makes *NO* sense to sit there hitting the system update check over and over again hoping and praying. So much easier to just download it, throw it on the SD card, and install it. Just an opinion.
    I am not sitting around hitting the update button praying for it to come out as you assume lol. I dont have the time or urge to do that.

To each his own i guess, now if this we're ICS i would be all over it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mbentley3 View Post
    I am not sitting around hitting the update button praying for it to come out as you assume lol. I dont have the time or urge to do that.

To each his own i guess, now if this we're ICS i would be all over it.

You may not be but someone in this thread said they were. LOL. As for ICS, I'm not holding my breath. The likelihood that we see that actually pushed OTA before May or June is very, very slim. We can hope, but, the Xoom LTE doesn't even have it yet. That's not a good sign.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Its a real disappointment that ICS is taking so long for all these manufacturers. It makes me want to get a nexus. I just wish the radios weren't so bad in Samsungs.

I am also waiting for the 902 ota just incase something happens, if Moto decides to pull it or something. I am never applying an update on this phone manually again. Moto likes to set booby traps for us.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

General thought. Doesn't it just suck that every android manufacturer has some kind of serious issue? You would think at least one had their Crap together.

Charged up post!

I honestly don't worry about updates anymore. Now that we know we can easily go back it's really not a big deal. I went from 901 to 893 to 902 without losing data and was able to keep root. Total time...maybe an hour at most. But that's just me. I get being gun shy about updates. In that case you wait for the ota to be pushed to you. But it may take a while. That's the trade off to being "safe".

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Just gonna wait for OTA update here. No real problems I'm in any rush to fix.

If I had the time to spare, I'd probably be tweaking all settings and rooting the hell out of this beastie.

Downloading the .902 OTA right now. WOOHOO!! I'm not rooted or nothing either.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Carrier
    .246 ICS

I don't understand the reluctance with going to .902. Unlike. 901 this one has been publicized by Verizon, not just sent to select people suddenly with little to no warning and then yanked back. I don't suspect this one will be yanked back. So far I've had zero issues with either 901 or 902. I think the 4G strength and speed is improved some more with 902, and perhaps some better battery performance. As SamuriHL said, knowing you can get back takes the worry out when loading a new update manually. I'm thankful that there are those people that make these files available to all of us

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Dayum! Speak of the devil - downloading 902 now 59% and counting...

Take awhile? Nah.....I just got .902 pushed to my phone while playing words with friends

Downloading as i type this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast