Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default ICS ETA

Motorola just posted this on facebook--apparently they aren't even developing ICS for the bionic yet!

Awesome!

Look at top phones of a year ago. 2.3 had been out for 2 months. How many phones has 2.3? 1 the nexus. How many released with 2.3? 1 the nexus. Fast forward to July of 2011. However many phones were released with 2.3 or old phones were updated to 2.3? Think back none. We didn't see phones with 2.3 till about august and September. Same will happen with ICS. We won't see phones updated or new ones released to market till late summer. Welcome to the very slow world of android.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Default Re: ICS ETA

Doesn't seem like bad company to me, it's nice being lumped in with the DROID 4, DROID RAZR.

but yet the Atrix 4G ICS is in development. This reeks of Verizon's bull.

They tread all over Android but let Apple do what they want with IOS updates.

Verizon is really starting to annoy me lately with their political crap regarding Android.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc457 View Post
    Look at top phones of a year ago. 2.3 had been out for 2 months. How many phones has 2.3? 1 the nexus. How many released with 2.3? 1 the nexus. Fast forward to July of 2011. However many phones were released with 2.3 or old phones were updated to 2.3? Think back none.
    While I get your point, just to be "that guy", If we are talking only Verizon, the Droid 3 came out with GB in July, and the DInc 2 gpt GB in early July as well.

Actually, the Droid X got GB in May 2011.

Of course, the Nexus One had GB in February, but that's a special case, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    but yet the Atrix 4G ICS is in development. This reeks of Verizon's bull.
    I agree with this. I believe that Verizon's approval process is too unpredictable to allow a solid timeframe.

They tread all over Android but let Apple do what they want with IOS updates.

Verizon is really starting to annoy me lately with their political crap regarding Android.
    They do it because they can. If they do not play by Apple's rules, I am sure Apple is happy to have Verizon lose customers to AT&T and Sprint - and I believe that they would. When I went in to VZW to upgrade my daughter's phone in December, I asked how the Android phones were selling, and he said ok, but nothing like iPhones - they couldn't keep those in stock. That doesn't happen with Android phones. In fact, if Moto told Verizon that they wanted the same terms as Apple, or even similar, I am sure that Verizon would point out that Samsung, HTC, LG, etc., would be more than willing to take up the sku slack if Motorola did not want to sell on Verizon anymore.

There are many, many people who would leave Verizon for an iPhone if Verizon dropped it (I almost did; if AT&T had a signal here, I would have switched in 2009 - instead, I bought an Android phone. No looking back for me, though.) I am sure that by comparison nobody is going to leave Verizon to go to AT&T for an Atrix 4G. That's just the reality.

wow...sorry man, I just started a similar thread, I did not see this one!
    I do have to disagree that VZW would lose a ton of customers if they stopped selling iPhones. LOTS of folks held off on getting the j phone BECAUSE they reused to sign up wit AT&T (and wisely so). I am sure some would leave, it is certainly in a class of its own, but really....AT&T? Bleccchhhh.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (but not for long) or Acer Iconia A500