1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Default Is "rild" showing up on battery usage?

Just noticed it the other day & that battery life has been a bit worse. It was at 11% after my battery had gone from 95% to 69% in about 1.5 hrs. Anyone else see this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Default Re: Is "rild" showing up on battery usage?

I keep seeing this in my usage as well. Dont know what it is...
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,119 Global Posts

i saw it too...when selecting it, it has motorola processes in it

That is the purpose for the updates ... ruin battery life so we step up to Razar Maxx...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thats it!!! I'm getting a Maxx today.....

Make sure your sd card is seated properly, not ascue. This causes battery drains and heat at about 50% per hour. People who have two batteries and switch them out are more susceptiable since the battery isn't very easy to pop out and the risk of moving the sd card is higher. I have two batteries , and this occurred twice for me, both times the sd was moved. The last time only by a very small amount. Suggest that whenever your in the back of the phone make sure the sd card is seated and true to position.

I haven't seen this on my battery use list and my battery life has been the same if not better after the 902 update.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

I checked the sd card and it didn't appear to be improperly seated. However "rild" went away last night shown up today so far

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have a Atrix2, and the moment I dumped instagram the Rild thing dissapeared as well. I also had a heat and Batt issue. They also dissapeared after uninstalling instagram

don't rush off to get the razr maxx, I have one of those and saw it this morning too. my battery was at 90% last night and was completely dead this morning. rild used 74% of the battery. and I don't use instagram so that isn't it, at least not in my case. if anyone has a clue as to what this is and what process I can kill to get rid of it, that would be great.
    thanks.
    jr

The RILD became quite a topic on the Moto Razer/Maxx forum recently:

Lots of testing was directed to tower connections and/or re-connections.

Note it was after an OTA update and note one poster mentioned the IPv6 that was also on the fix list for .905 for our Bionics.

I saw some rild months ago (not after any OTA) but sure will be looking for it here.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrDiff View Post
    That is the purpose for the updates ... ruin battery life so we step up to Razar Maxx...
    Dude, even Verizon doesn't think we're that stupid. The 2750 mah extended battery for the Bionic is $25 and apps like Green Power are just pennies.

RILD stands for Radio Interface Layer Daemon. Neither my wife nor I have seen this show up in our usage stats. We are both running .905 stock.

It sounds like anyone with thins problem has their radio(s) working "overtime". It follows logically that battery would take a huge hit as a result of this.

I'm not sure why some have this issue and others do not. Here's a link to more info in case someone can better explain it as I am no expert on these workings.

2 things I would try if I had this problem. First wipe the cache partition in recovery. No data will be lost, but if there is something left over after the update this should get rid of it.

Second, I would power down, remove battery, sim and sd card.

Press the power button to eliminate any residual energy.

Power the phone back up with only the battery back in. Let it power up completely to the home screen where it says sim required for operation and power back down.

Remove the battery, press the power button, and let the phone sit for at least 5 minutes.

Then replace the sim (careful to orient it correctly), replace the sd and the battery and power back up.

This will reset the radios and force the phone to re-register on the network. Maybe this will be enough to get back on track. It can't hurt and it's worth a try.
    Last edited by Maddog241; 06-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...