Switching between Wifi and 4G
03-02-2012 08:19 PM
- Hey, I just purchased Motorola Droid Bionic and currently in Day 6 of purchase and I'd like to get an answer quickly before Day 14 come should I decide to return the phone.
One of my biggest peeves with this phone as I've noticed so far is when I'm in my apartment - my phone automatically connect with my Wifi network. However, when I leave the building such as walking my dog or other errands, work, etc - the switch from Wifi to 4G is very sluggish. Sometime does not work at all. That I have to turn off 4G to CDMA only to get a signal then switch back to 4G.
I would like to know if anyone else had experienced this sort of issue??
Many thanks in advance!02-24-2012 03:54 PM
- Happens to me quite often. I also will have the lovely joy of it showing that I have 4G, with several bars, in the blue color to show that it has synchronized with my email, but I have no data connectivity. The switch to CDMA and back usually fixes it, although some times I just need to power down and back up. Other than that, I love the phone...02-24-2012 04:00 PM
- What I do is disable Wifi when I leave the house and then re-enable it when I get back. Works great.
If you ever have an issue with connectivity, do this. Turn on Airplane Mode, wait a few seconds, and then turn it off. In my experience, that fixes 99% of data connectivity problems.02-24-2012 04:07 PM
- You should know that at this point in time all 4g lte phones experience this from time to time. Make sure you have the latest .902 update, go to settings>about phone>check software update. This reduced the issue greatly for me.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk02-25-2012 08:55 PMLike 1
- BasPilotTheSickAndTwistedWhat that actually is is not a phone issue at all. It is a designed in actual thing. You are connected to wifi, in a wifi zone, only when actually needed does the actual connection speak. Meaning, though your phone is in wifi for 6 or something hours it doesn't mean that your phone is actually communicating unless it is actually requiring data some how. During those periods, the phone is sometimes not talking to the wifi, but will show that it is, because the last time it looked for it or needed it, the wifi was there. So, what happens is as you leave the wifi area, and you are going into 4g, the phone hasn't had to look for the wifi, so it remains in its dormant stare. Even if you are typing on the phone, getting ready to search, browse or whatever, the phone hasn't had to turn 4g on as the primary source of data because it hasn't yet needed to look for and establish it. So, the process is that you get out if wifi, your phone is dormantly connected, and finally when it is actually needed, maybe even a minute later or something, it still must look for its wifi, decide it isn't there after a double triple check kind of thing, then identify with 4g and begin to use it, which takes a good 30 seconds to establish and do.
Now, for the guy that turns off wifi, he is starting the process early this ending the requirement to look for a dormant wifi connection that no longer exists. His knows it isn't looking for it and it knows that he is already required to be talking to the 4g towers, or 3g, whatever.
Hope you understand my ramblings.02-25-2012 10:17 PM
- Get rid of it.the razr maxx is probably better. If anyone wants to buy my newly refurbished bionic ill sell it for cheap. Pm me. I'm looking to get the maxx. It doesn't have 3 to 4g issues and battery lasts long enough for you to use 4g! Bionic should have never been released
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk03-02-2012 11:41 AM
- BasPilotTheSickAndTwistedGet rid of it.the razr maxx is probably better. If anyone wants to buy my newly refurbished bionic ill sell it for cheap. Pm me. I'm looking to get the maxx. It doesn't have 3 to 4g issues and battery lasts long enough for you to use 4g! Bionic should have never been released
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk03-02-2012 08:19 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
Switching between Wifi and 4G
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD