Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msnider73
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google play

Anyone else having problems where the market link on the top right of the app drawer no longer works with the installation of Google play?
    sorli likes this.

Default Re: Google play

Having the same problem.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Yep, mine is gone too. It also uninstalled the Market app from my phone. Had to find that Play Store app.

same problem. i wound up just making a new shortcut on my home screen that takes me to google play store. I'm guessing they will push a new minor update that fixes that broken market app

Yep, it's an issue on all Bionics and most likely all similar Droids.

Thanks, Google. "Android Market" was just too darn logical.

I guess I am confused....my market shortcut works fine.
    Droid Maxx
    Running 4.4 Kit Kat

US Navy CPO Ret

Quote Originally Posted by perkdog65 View Post
    I guess I am confused....my market shortcut works fine.
    Google is rolling out the update to the market that changes the name to "Play" (or "Play Store" - I don'y have it yet.) And when the happens, the link in the upper right of the app drawer, which point to the "Market" app, now points to nothing and gives an error message when tapped.

As dumb as the new name is (really, Google - is "Google Market" not a good enough brand name?), the fact that they do not leave a stub app that leads to the new store under the name "Market" was doubly dumb. I can imagine that millions of not terrible tech savvy Android users will be totally confused that they cannot find the Market on their phone.

I guess they fixed it. Mine updated last night and the shortcut updated as well.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

It will be pushed out as an update. Mine updated on the drive home yesterday. :-)
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted