Anyone replace the digitizer yet?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So long story short, dropped my phone, hit a rock, spider web crack on the screen.

Device still works fine even with the cracks, but I'm kinda freaked out to answer the phone because when I rub my finger on the screen, it pricks my skin because of the glass.

I see on ebay the digitizers are like $40-$50 bucks.. is it easy? worth it?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ive done it before on a different phone, its not too bad. but it isnt that easy either. definately something you need to be careful doing. puttin gthe new screen on is easy but getting the old one off is a diff story, especially if it comes off in pieces, there should be a youtube video on it

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Nice.. wondering if it's worth it for this or to just get a screen protector and put overtop of the crack..

the cracked glass doesn't really bother me, it's the slicing of the face that does.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice.. wondering if it's worth it for this or to just get a screen protector and put overtop of the crack..

the cracked glass doesn't really bother me, it's the slicing of the face that does.

You can always send it in via Verizon if you are too scared to fix it yourself. But it doesn't seem like it would be that hard if you know at least somewhat about it.