VZW Replacement on Warranty

xtreme381

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My final straw for getting a replacement came this weekend when my headphone jack crapped out almost entirely. I had to press against the jack just to get full audio (even tried the paperclip lint truck mentioned in another thread).

I went to my local VZW corporate store and told them about the myriad of issues with my Release Day Bionic - data connection issues, headphone wine and finally broken jack. The over-nighted me a refurb on warranty. Of course I was expecting one with upgraded hardware to fix the release day issues that I've patiently dealt with since September. When the replacement finally came I compared the hardware version and build numbers on the refurb to my old phone only to find they were exactly the same! The headphone wine is still there even though the jack works again. I haven't noticed any data issues in the 24 hours that I've had it.

Has anyone else had the same experience? Do I really just have another day one phone or are there actual hardware fixes and just no versioning?