Why didn't it charge overnight?

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got this Bionic yesterday after having gone through 4 Samsung Charges. Plugged my phone in before I went to sleep last night and when I woke up the battery was at the same level (30%]. Is there a setting I need to change to make it charge overnight?

Thanks!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me only once. I have no idea what happened.

However, are you charging with a computer USB port or a wall charger? If it's a computer USB port, it may charge slower, and if the computer sleeps, it may shut down power to the USB port

I'd verify that it charges with the stock wall charger and cable.

If you did use stock charger/cable, next time that you plug in make sure that the phone's battery icon shows that the phone is charging.

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to me last night. I just received the Droid Bionic after going through 5 Droid Charges. I was charging using the wall usb charger.

mitremark#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me last night. I plugged the phone up first and then plugged into the wall charger and it didn't charge. I then unplugged the phone and plugged it back up and it charged fine.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This thread is like the twilight zone. Three different people say their bionic didn't charge last night. Two of those people have gone through nine Samsung Droid Charges! Amazing!

Four different Charges, Five different Charges. What is wrong with you people? Are you that obsessed with your phone that you're willing to put up with five different phones of the same brand? I gotta tell ya, if the first replacement phone doesn't get the job done I'm moving on. I simply don't have the time or will to deal any customer service department that many times.

For the record, I've owned the Bionic (the same Bionic) since launch day and have successfully charged it each and every night without failure, including last night.

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Well.... the replacement phones were of no cost to me. I'm not about to spend $400+ on a new phone. I really really loved the droid charge and didn't want to give it up. I just hated the constant buzzing while on the phone, dropping calls, beeping nonstop when the phone was restarted, and muting me during conversation. Other than this- the phone was great. Maybe this is what happens when they send out refurbished phones and its supposed to happen? I dunno.

I don't have a Motorola charger. They told me I could use the same charger I was using for my Droid Charge. Can anyone confirm that it HAS to be a Motorola charger?

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here, they were no charge so I kept trying them. Verizon has you completely over a barrel too regarding refurbs, there really was nothing else I could do. The muting thing - that kept happening to me too! I just thought I kept hitting the button or something! And it's weird that so many of us had the same charging issue last night.. they told me I could use any charger and today my old blackberry charger worked just fine all day, and the HTC one i used last night (when the phone didn't charge) worked fine for the last half hour. All wall chargers, one was a usb wall charger. Go figure. Hope we all wake up with freshly charged phones tomorrow!

Hey, while I'm here.. anyone else having trouble getting some emails? Tech support told me today there is a bug and we have to wait for a software update and that the only way around it is to use the yahoo mail app?