Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else using FoxFi?

This little gem of a program is the best free wifi hotspots app I have found, and works perfectly on unrooted phones.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Default Re: Anyone else using FoxFi?

Not using as such, but I tested it successfully. Easy to configure, works like a champ.

Yeah working for me on the RAZR and the girlfriends Droid X.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

Yeah I use it daily, for about an hour.(on my Skyrocket) I really like it and have cancelled my data plan for my Xoom.
    Seems too good to be true, waiting for the text from AT&T telling me to stop tethering! Hopefully the developers are right and they won't find out,
    I don't use a lot of data, so I shouldn't hit my fake AT&T unlimited plan limit.
    fooflam likes this.

I have been using it on my ipad2 and laptop without any problems. Didnt have to set up anything. Tried clockworkmod tether but it ran too slow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just downloaded it but I am afraid to try it because I don't want to get caught and lose my unlimited data.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post
    I just downloaded it but I am afraid to try it because I don't want to get caught and lose my unlimited data.
    Go ahead fire it up you know you want to otherwise you wouldnt have downloaded it lol. I've been using it a couple weeks now but havent got my bill.

Quote Originally Posted by rickj832 View Post
    Go ahead fire it up you know you want to otherwise you wouldnt have downloaded it lol. I've been using it a couple weeks now but havent got my bill.

Haha I downloaded it just in case I needed it. Eventually I will try it, but I don't need to use it yet.

If it shows up on my bill I will let you know.

As soon as I downloaded it I started using it and cancelled Mobile Hotspot. Nice, and no reason to hack now.

Quote Originally Posted by magnamover View Post
    As soon as I downloaded it I started using it and cancelled Mobile Hotspot. Nice, and no reason to hack now.
    Oh still plenty of reasons to root

dra

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ROM

yea it worked like a champ when my home internet went down.

I tried it on my evo 3d and can not use the wifi tether. HTC has it blocked. I can use it threw bluetooth, just followed the directions and it worked. Only can use web browser, YouTube, and one other app. Still worth it.

Galaxy tab 10.1
    love my evo.

works fine (and connections are FAST--I get at least 16Mbs thru the hotspot) on my Bionic

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

We had our cable internet go down last night for about 5 hours, so both the SO and I were running off FoxFi on my Bionic. She tried it on her X and it worked, but it was so slow she gave up and connected to the Bionic with me. 4G on the Bionic is damn near as fast as my Cox cable. Makes for a nice backup.

Downloaded it and it works perfectly. Only problem is I only have 4GB of data a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
    Downloaded it and it works perfectly. Only problem is I only have 4GB of data a month.
    You have my condolences. I have unlimited and use about 7-9MB a month.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    You have my condolences. I have unlimited and use about 7-9MB a month.
    Haha. I doubt I will use it much anyways.

And I meant GB.

Running Fox-Fi on my MoPho and loving it. I even hook up my old BlackBerry thru it for nostalgia sake from time to time. Hooked up my laptop and away we go!

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

It sounds great, but I tried everything, and it just will not work for me on my Sprint Nexus S 4G. Anyone else got it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by hpilot View Post
    It sounds great, but I tried everything, and it just will not work for me on my Sprint Nexus S 4G. Anyone else got it to work?
    While this is the Bionic forums, still, here are some tips from the market listing:

1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone to clear the issue.
    2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
    3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
    4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.
    Since you have a Samsung Nexus S, look particularly at number 2 and number 3 (if you rooted the phone.)

The market listing suggests using Bluetooth mode if WiFi mode does not work with your phone.

I wanted to use FoxFi, but it won't do WiFi on HTC phones.

Has anyone tried using it via a Bluetooth connection on Windows 7, by chance? Does it work well?

(still relying on PDAnet)

Sent from my battery killer using Tapatalk
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    While this is the Bionic forums, still, here are some tips from the market listing:

Since you have a Samsung Nexus S, look particularly at number 2 and number 3 (if you rooted the phone.)

The market listing suggests using Bluetooth mode if WiFi mode does not work with your phone.
    Sorry I got the wrong forum. No it is not rooted. I can connect with my laptop just fine, but no internet connection (just like without the app). I tried everything except bluetooth. At least EasyTether Pro works very well...

I have an EVO Design which doesn't support wifi on Foxfi so I have to use BT which doesn't work when connecting to Playbook. Anyone has a similar experience?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast