ICS for Razr and Maxx but not Bionic???

highbar81

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding out on passing judgement until Moto puts up a response or something. But don't let me fool you I'm not happy about it. Considering they are basically the same phone inside.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm so glad to get rid of my bionic. First 3 I owned kept rebooting. The 4th one is now an alarm clock on my bedside on the dock. Moto really abandoned it right on release day.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It's fairly normal for the newest, most current phones to get the new technology first. I believe Motorola has said the Bionic will get it - but hadn't given a date yet.

Patience, Grasshoppers.

Reactions: TA8088

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When the time comes that ICS is pushed to our Bionics, I suspect that we will be having all sorts of sw issues like we did with the initial OS release. It took two updates to straighten our Bionics out. When we get ICS, we will be back to square one. I'd just as soon not update. It always takes months for revisions.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When the time comes that ICS is pushed to our Bionics, I suspect that we will be having all sorts of sw issues like we did with the initial OS release. It took two updates to straighten our Bionics out. When we get ICS, we will be back to square one. I'd just as soon not update. It always takes months for revisions.

I agree. I sold the Nexus and purchased the Bionic a couple of weeks ago. I had all kinds of issues with the Nexus. Random reboots, low volume, sounded like a fax machine was going off on some phone calls - had to reboot, keyboard is not nearly as good as the Moto keyboard. The battery on the Bionic lasts about 4 times longer than the Nexus. I had to recharge it 2-3 times a day even with light usage.

I have not had one issue with the Bionic. ICS is overrated IMO. Maybe version 4.04 will be better.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If there really is ICS coming for the Razr series this week, this will be the first time that we didn't hear a huge chorus of people advertising that they were invited to a SOAK test by Motorola. Add to that the fact that Moto still lists the Razr and RazrMaxx as in planning and evaluation stage for ICS, while the Chinese version of the Razr is scheduled for Q2. I tend to no believe this.

That said, I believe that when Moto first started talking about ICS updates for the Bionic and Razr, they hinted strongly that the Razr would see it first, so that part should not be surprising. The OEMs tend to update their newest handsets first.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just hope they get most of the kinks out of ICS before they foist it on us. I hate "fixing" what isn't broken--my bionic works fine as is.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I too am glad I moved from the Bionic to the Rezound (Set to get ICS 4/6). Moto should be ashamed of how they have handled the Bionic from the start.

brainwash

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Windows 95 is fine, why do I need to upgrade?
Seriously though, GB on the Bionic works well. ICS has security and performance updates etc. After using unofficial ICS versions for the past couple of months I find it awkward to try to use gb for any length of time. Either way, this is the best phone I've owned.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Windows 95 is fine, why do I need to upgrade?
Seriously though, GB on the Bionic works well. ICS has security and performance updates etc. After using unofficial ICS versions for the past couple of months I find it awkward to try to use gb for any length of time. Either way, this is the best phone I've owned.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

windows 95 was crap. no comparison to Win 7. I would rather have a stable version of GB than go back to being in seemingly-endless waiting mode with ICS for updates to fix all the things that it breaks. And I still don't see how ICS is going to improve my phone to the extent that you allude to. Feel free to explain PRECISELY what you find so wonderful about ICS.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
R u nuts??? 95 didn't work "fine" neither did 98. Vista is crap. 7 is excellent

I used DOS, then the early version of Windows like 3.1, then 95, 98, ME and XP and somehow I managed to get my work done, play games and communicate effectively. According to you that shouldn't have happened.

Looking back and comparing them to 7 they seem like crap, but at the time yes, they worked fine.

Nicketmaster

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The comparison of Win 95 to GB, though, is a silly one. The only version of windows that I will say worked "well" was 2k. The rest worked acceptably well for most things, but not "well." GB has it's issues, as does ICS, but comparatively it is not nearly in the realm of any old version of Windows.

As for getting ICS on the Bionic, if it never comes I'll get a new phone in a year. If it does comes, I'll also probably be getting a new phone in a year or so. A few months with a perfectly good os on my phone is not something I am going to complain about. And if I were the type tho would, I'd probably be running a rom, anyway.

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
And I still don't see how ICS is going to improve my phone to the extent that you allude to. Feel free to explain PRECISELY what you find so wonderful about ICS.

I'm actually curious about this as well. I'm in IT and I love updates that add features, but ICS just doesn't excite me like Froyo did. Can somebody please tell me what the "gotta have" features in ICS are?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I used DOS, then the early version of Windows like 3.1, then 95, 98, ME and XP and somehow I managed to get my work done, play games and communicate effectively. According to you that shouldn't have happened.

Looking back and comparing them to 7 they seem like crap, but at the time yes, they worked fine.

My first OS was DOS 2.11 If you think DOS was fine, you have REALLY LOW expectations. At least DOS was tricky enough that some of my wages were derived from teaching it!! Along with Excel and one of the older versions of Windows--whatever was used in 1994.

DOS 6.22 wasn't too bad, when compared to earlier versions. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy