My Yahoo account, which was being synced using the included email app, yesterday decided to stop syncing. Whenever I tried to force it to sync it would just get stuck trying to sync. I thought maybe it was a problem with my connection so I downloaded the yahoo mail app and was able to connect without nay issues.

Is anyone having the same problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I did a soft reset, and would prefer not to have to do a factory reset.

Thanks in advance.
    04-12-2012 02:04 PM
    have u tried deleting the account on your phone, and then adding it back in?
    04-12-2012 04:00 PM
    Yes, but now I am unable to add it back.
    04-12-2012 04:18 PM
    where do you get stuck?
    04-12-2012 04:56 PM
    After I enter my account info and select next, the status bar moves a little and I get a message saying it failed
    04-12-2012 04:58 PM
    Apparently Yahoo had some issues yesterday with their sync feature for Android phones, at least with some of their servers. They claim that it's working again.

I switched to the Yahoo app a while ago because the default messaging app would stop receiving my emails every couple of days unless I power cycled my phone.
    04-13-2012 06:42 AM
    Apparently Yahoo had some issues yesterday with their sync feature for Android phones, at least with some of their servers. They claim that it's working again.

I switched to the Yahoo app a while ago because the default messaging app would stop receiving my emails every couple of days unless I power cycled my phone.

Thanks for the info. I thought that happened. I have the same problem you have, but prefer the options the native app gives me vs the yahoo app.

Does know of a good alternative email app that allows for several accounts to be synced together?
    04-13-2012 09:38 AM
    Thanks for the info. I thought that happened. I have the same problem you have, but prefer the options the native app gives me vs the yahoo app.

Does know of a good alternative email app that allows for several accounts to be synced together?
    When somebody asks about an Android email app, the first place to look is probably K-9 Mail.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...LmZzY2suazkiXQ..
    04-13-2012 10:36 AM
    I actually just deleted my Yahoo Mail account off my phone thinking it was causing a purple blinking light and then tried to reinstall it and it is telling me also that it failed. I am going to just download it from the market and see if it works that way.
    04-13-2012 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD