1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Motorola Email Issues

My Yahoo account, which was being synced using the included email app, yesterday decided to stop syncing. Whenever I tried to force it to sync it would just get stuck trying to sync. I thought maybe it was a problem with my connection so I downloaded the yahoo mail app and was able to connect without nay issues.

Is anyone having the same problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I did a soft reset, and would prefer not to have to do a factory reset.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Motorola Email Issues

have u tried deleting the account on your phone, and then adding it back in?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Yes, but now I am unable to add it back.

where do you get stuck?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

After I enter my account info and select next, the status bar moves a little and I get a message saying it failed

Apparently Yahoo had some issues yesterday with their sync feature for Android phones, at least with some of their servers. They claim that it's working again.

I switched to the Yahoo app a while ago because the default messaging app would stop receiving my emails every couple of days unless I power cycled my phone.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pur3vil View Post
    Apparently Yahoo had some issues yesterday with their sync feature for Android phones, at least with some of their servers. They claim that it's working again.

I switched to the Yahoo app a while ago because the default messaging app would stop receiving my emails every couple of days unless I power cycled my phone.

Thanks for the info. I thought that happened. I have the same problem you have, but prefer the options the native app gives me vs the yahoo app.

Does know of a good alternative email app that allows for several accounts to be synced together?

Quote Originally Posted by chrbia1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I thought that happened. I have the same problem you have, but prefer the options the native app gives me vs the yahoo app.

Does know of a good alternative email app that allows for several accounts to be synced together?
    When somebody asks about an Android email app, the first place to look is probably K-9 Mail.

I actually just deleted my Yahoo Mail account off my phone thinking it was causing a purple blinking light and then tried to reinstall it and it is telling me also that it failed. I am going to just download it from the market and see if it works that way.