1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default music on phone

how do you get music on the phone. since we're all out of options for downloading anymore.

apple has itunes. what does android have?

is there a way to keep on the pc also. or is it strictly a phone deal.

what options are there for getting music for my phone?

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Google has their own music store called Google play music. This is a music cloud service. You can buy music from them as well as sync your music from iTunes into it. Google play music is both on the phone and the computer

I use the application Zumocast. It is a Motorola application that comes pre installed on the bionics.

If you have a pc or a laptop, download the computer application by going to zumocast.com

It automatically finds your music,pictures,and files so you can stream them to your phone.

This service is free and I really enjoy it.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: music on phone

Yep, I have been using Zumo since I got this phone last September and I use it most every day, streaming music in my office. I love it! Uploading my 40,000 songs to the cloud is just ridiculous when I have Zumo instead!
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (but not for long) or Acer Iconia A500
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

Do you have to leave your home computer on for Zumo?

If so, Google Play is a better solution for most people.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Do you have to leave your home computer on for Zumo?

If so, Google Play is a better solution for most people.
    Yes, the host pc needs to be on for Zumo to work. I have a server at work with a 2TB drive loaded with music and I use it all the time.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

I'd argue that most people don't leave their home machines on 24/7.

I'd also argue that most people don't have home server.

Make sure all the tags are correct and start uploading music to the cloud. It may take a few nights, depending on how much music you have and how fast your home internet is but one everything is set, Google Play Music is amazing.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

in the old days. i used to just download my songs. before strict regulations shut down all music sharing software. and just transfer them to my memory card to be played on the phone.

now we're forced to buy. i've never owned apple so i don't know how itunes works. but since we're forced to pay now i'm just looking to do the same thing. and not familiar with how android works.

i really don't want to use this cloud service either. nor do i want to rely on having internet.

i just want to download and transfer to phone. something similar to the itunes method
    Last edited by snowwy66; 04-14-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    in the old days. i used to just download my songs. before strict regulations shut down all music sharing software. and just transfer them to my memory card to be played on the phone.

now we're forced to buy. i've never owned apple so i don't know how itunes works. but since we're forced to pay now i'm just looking to do the same thing. and not familiar with how android works.

i really don't want to use this cloud service either. nor do i want to rely on having internet.

i just want to download and transfer to phone. something similar to the itunes method
    Buy from the Play Store, and make the song available offline on your device.

But Google music does not offer streaming video,documents,pictures am I correct? Is there a unless III noted amount of storage space for Google music?

Anyway zumocast let's laptop go into low power mode it just doesn't let it sleep.

If you already have the music you can download the music you have on I tunes to your sd card under

Media>and then make a folder for your music.

Use winamp and sync thru wifi

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by xljetmedic View Post
    But Google music does not offer streaming video,documents,pictures am I correct? Is there a unless III noted amount of storage space for Google music?

Anyway zumocast let's laptop go into low power mode it just doesn't let it sleep.
    Google music won't do that but, Google has other services in the play store that will, such as videos, books, and docs.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

If you would rather just buy your music on your PC from whoever you want (iTunes, amazonmp3, google, etc)...I use mp3fiesta and then place the music files in my iTunes music folder. I have zumocast and when you hold down on a particular music file on your phone screen, it will give you the option to download to your phone. I prefer this method since it's all wireless and the music is really on my phone. There are other music players that will sync with iTunes wirelessly (double twist airsync).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indiane View Post
    If you would rather just buy your music on your PC from whoever you want (iTunes, amazonmp3, google, etc)...I use mp3fiesta and then place the music files in my iTunes music folder. I have zumocast and when you hold down on a particular music file on your phone screen, it will give you the option to download to your phone. I prefer this method since it's all wireless and the music is really on my phone. There are other music players that will sync with iTunes wirelessly (double twist airsync).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Google Music does the same thing, without the need to have your home PC on.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

It's 2012. Plugging your phone into a PC to add music to it is outdated.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

+100

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

welll, excuse me for not getting with the times. but what you all are talking about basically requires internet. which isn't easily available out on the open country.

you see, i have a motorcycle to which i would like to do some jamming. and the music i have from the OLD TIME days is getting a little old. but since i can no longer get my music THE OLD FASHIONED way. i'm left with buying the music somehow and USING THE OLD FASHIONED WAY. transfering to my phone. VIA A CABLE.

i'm not up to date on the available ways you all are doing it these days. as i've had no reason to figure out what methods are used today.

but as of right now. all i want to do is buy my music since that's what it's come down to. and transfer to my phone using a cable. so i can listen to my music the old fashioned way. FROM MY DEVICE and not over the air waves.

if i were to buy music using itunes. does that play on android. cuz the last software i was using would trasnfer over to the phone. but andoird wouldn't pick them all up. and it was a real pain to sort through the invisible ones and make them correct so that android would pick them up. in fact, i've still got 5 songs that the phone can't see.

New songs from iTunes will be recognized. Doubletwist is a great apo for iTunes to Android. Old songs from I believe 2009 and before will not show up because they aren't DRM free. Newer ones are DRM free so they'll work fine as will songs you import from a CD or outside source.

Sent from my Note!

Snowy

You got mail
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,191 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    welll, excuse me for not getting with the times. but what you all are talking about basically requires internet. which isn't easily available out on the open country.

you see, i have a motorcycle to which i would like to do some jamming. and the music i have from the OLD TIME days is getting a little old. but since i can no longer get my music THE OLD FASHIONED way. i'm left with buying the music somehow and USING THE OLD FASHIONED WAY. transfering to my phone. VIA A CABLE.

i'm not up to date on the available ways you all are doing it these days. as i've had no reason to figure out what methods are used today.

but as of right now. all i want to do is buy my music since that's what it's come down to. and transfer to my phone using a cable. so i can listen to my music the old fashioned way. FROM MY DEVICE and not over the air waves.

if i were to buy music using itunes. does that play on android. cuz the last software i was using would trasnfer over to the phone. but andoird wouldn't pick them all up. and it was a real pain to sort through the invisible ones and make them correct so that android would pick them up. in fact, i've still got 5 songs that the phone can't see.
    I'm not going to judge you, but I like how you're implying you illegally download(ed) music.

You asked about options and we've been giving you options.

If you're buying music on iTunes, it should be DRM free and you should have no issues plugging your phone into your computer and dragging files onto your phone. You should be able to use software like doubleTwist or Songbird to sync if that method is easier for you.

You use iTunes on a home computer, so I'm going to assume you have home internet and a WiFi connection at home.

Instead of plugging in your phone and doing things THE OLD FASHIONED WAY, you could just set Google Music to watch your iTunes folders. It will upload all of your music into the cloud (of course, it's going to take time depending on how much music you've downloaded THE OLD FASHIONED WAY), but then all you'd need to do is go on your phone and choose the songs you want to make available while offline while using your home network. If you have WiFi at home, this is a good method because:

A) you get a backup of all of your music in Google's cloud
    B) you don't have to plug your phone in to choose songs
    C) you don't need to install extra software like doubleTwist or Songbird
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

i've never used itunes before. it's been 2 years since i downloaded any music.

i started with napster. then i went to kazaa, the last thing i used was frostwire. i did the thing that everyone else did before pay for music came along. before DRM was invented. i transfer to my phone and was done. i didn't use any special apps to do whatever you guys are using these days. i had ALL my songs on my phone. to listen to what i wanted, when i wanted.

so forgive me if i'm not up to date on the latest techniques you all are using these days.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

I have a 2TB external drive on one of my servers at work (100% legal music) and I have ZumoCast installed. Works ok, but I had to create a separate folder and drag songs there if I wanted to listen since it takes forever to sync 2TB's of music. Google Music is ok, again for playlists of, say, 50 songs or less. I've also tried Spotify and I like it. But, to each his own.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted