Razr's SmartActions hacked to work on Bionic

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be working pretty good.
So far no issues over here.

Update....
Removed and now using automateit and for now using the free version.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jlebouton

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried it and got no results. app downloaded fine, and was able to open it, and set up actions. But none of the actions worked. even simple ones, like launch music with headphones plugged in. Are you actually getting this to work?

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the headphones issue too and it was a no go here to. So just ignore my first post.....

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been testing this app and automateit and the second works better for the headset trigger and location based triggers work better.
I have family in a every cell dead zone so their address triggers my wifi and connects to their home network.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Smart Actions apk can be installed on the Bionic, but it was not designed or written for the Bionic. It is a system level app on the Razr, but a user level app on the Bionic. A couple of actions are missing, brightness and cell data controls, which limit what it can do. Also, wi-fi is required to be turned on in order to use a location based trigger on the Bionic.

You can install it, and somewhat use it, but I'm sticking with Tasker for now.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks ago I read over on the Motorola Support forums that it was planned to have Smart Actions in an upcoming upgrade for the Bionic. Whether that's an update to GB or when they finally release ICS wasn't said....

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to have been able to play with it for an hour or so, but it just doesn't have enough options. In particular, I couldn't find a way to tell it to take actions based upon the position of the phone (turn on silent mode when face-down, etc.). I've downloaded a trial of Tasker, which is definitely option-rich; now the challenge is figuring out how to access them.

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
As noted above, I tested Smart Actions when it first came out for the RAZR, decided it didn't hold a candle to Tasker and uninstalled it. I believe a native Bionic version was included in ICS, and it's still around in JB. I don't use it, so I've used Titanium Backup to freeze it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos