Screen Flicker When Viewing Orange?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So this is something interesting I discovered with the Bionic. It may have been mentioned some time earlier, though I'm not too sure. Whenever I view an orange image on my Bionic, the screen does this odd flickering wavy thing. I noticed it in draw something, then experimented a little and it was pretty consistent. Does this happen with anyone else's device, or is mine somehow defective? Just to test, view this image of the color orange and see what happens:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...olour_box.svg/375px-Orange_colour_box.svg.png

Can it be some limitation with the pentile screen?

Last edited:

desertwarrior11b

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
It's your eyes, the orange acts as an optical illusion hence the pulsing effect. Some people are affect, most aren't, I had a couple guys in my unit stare at the orange box and they thought the same as you. Though others including myself just see an orange box. Don't worry your phone is fine.

Reactions: luke31

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It's your eyes, the orange acts as an optical illusion hence the pulsing effect. Some people are affect, most aren't, I had a couple guys in my unit stare at the orange box and they thought the same as you. Though others including myself just see an orange box. Don't worry your phone is fine.

You're definitely right. I went to the verizon store on my way home and checked; I also saw it on their bionic. So odd lol. But thanks a lot for the help!