Need help fast!

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have about $120 in best buy discounts. I am debating the bionic for free or the razr for $30 after discounts. They are so similar. Does the amoled screen hurt the razr in the battery life dept.? Is the sealed battery that big of deal?

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my bionic. For me the differences in the two phones wouldn't be worth $30. I like having the ability to use an extended battery or simply swap out batteries.

Reactions: Brandermill533

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Unless you get a Maxx, the Razr isn't worth it. Being able to install an extended battery if needed is a really helpful thing. In general, the phones are so similar that you may never notice a big difference in productivity across devices. The Razr will get the ICS update first if you're interested in that, but we'll be getting it eventually (read: soon after the Razr and Droid 4).

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I left the store empty handed until I can get back to a Verizon store and look at the phones live again. I have played with both, a lot. I like the screen and the battery saving feature on the razr. I like the price and potentially better battery life on the bionic. I am not a heavy user and I can last a full day easily on my droid charge, which has the same screen as the razr. Thanks again for your help and input.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I left the store empty handed until I can get back to a Verizon store and look at the phones live again. I have played with both, a lot. I like the screen and the battery saving feature on the razr. I like the price and potentially better battery life on the bionic. I am not a heavy user and I can last a full day easily on my droid charge, which has the same screen as the razr. Thanks again for your help and input.

Smart Actions is only helpful if you can figure it out lol. Impel is an awesome app that is a bit more confusing, but I use it to do a lot more than battery saving. I use it primarily for turning on GPS and device rotation and turning up my media volume to a specific level when put into my car dock, while turning all those off and turning the volume down to 0% when it's removed from the dock.
FYI, the screen on the Bionic is brighter outside than the Razr's AMOLED. It's not quite as nice on colors, but it sucks less battery too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance